Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

Vaughankzn

Guys, Just want you guys to know of some local wifi lights that you can flash with Tasmota or some other firmware you want. I bought them from Build IT called LiteMate ( Smarthome ) Wifi Led Colour changing & dimmable bulb.
I used Tuya convert software with a Raspberry Pi.

gbyleveldt

Guys, Just want you guys to know of some local wifi lights that you can flash with Tasmota or some other firmware you want. I bought them from Build IT called LiteMate ( Smarthome ) Wifi Led Colour changing & dimmable bulb.
I used Tuya convert software with a Raspberry Pi.
Nice! What did they cost if I may ask? Pricing online seems a little rough

Vaughankzn

Nice! What did they cost if I may ask? Pricing online seems a little rough
They were R219.90 including Tax. What I like is they 4 channel ( RGBW ) colour and Dimmable, there is also a Tasmota Template for this bulb. I bought them at Build IT

Last edited:

ebendl

Expert Member
Awesome, thanks for sharing. There's a thread around Wifi bulbs -- perhaps share in there too?

gbyleveldt

They were R219.90 including Tax. What I like is they 4 channel ( RGBW ) colour and Dimmable, there is also a Tasmota Template for this bulb. I bought them at Build IT
Thanks! The fact that you don't have to take them apart to flash does make the price reasonable. I suspect it's old stock though; any new stock will likely not allow them to be Tasmotized. So grab them while you can!

I still have 9 spare Qualitel RGBW globes here so I'm ok for now.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Thanks! The fact that you don't have to take them apart to flash does make the price reasonable. I suspect it's old stock though; any new stock will likely not allow them to be Tasmotized. So grab them while you can!

Any spare qualitel light switches. Need 7 but Qualitel prices have increased steeply.

At least bulbs R127 vs special of R99 I got.

Vaughankzn

I did not take the bulb apart, just flashed over air using Tuya convert

Charlesjjm

Any spare qualitel light switches. Need 7 but Qualitel prices have increased steeply.

At least bulbs R127 vs special of R99 I got.
Check the Builders website. It's not labelled properly, but they are Qualitel products. It is slightly cheaper with them.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Check the Builders website. It's not labelled properly, but they are Qualitel products. It is slightly cheaper with them.
Any specific link or Product index to check?

Edit cool found it via wifi lights search. But seems only Edenvale branch has stock?

Last edited:

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Have been searching high and low on MyBB but can't find it. How is it that we can't see what we 'liked' when using the MyBB app? I know I 'liked' the post at the time, to refer back to in the future but now can't find it.

Someone posted a pic of their Hass.IO/PAI configuration which showed literally every zone as it's own button / Card (with current state). They said they did that in a few hours. I have been trying to do the same to see all the zones (and hopefully include a bypass option too). If you know who you are, can please reshare and also post the YAML for just one of the zones so I can use. I am obviously too thick to work it out myself.

Also does anyone know how the custom bypass button works in PAI? Ror example, when I arm my house, sometimes, I would like to bypass a specific zone before I arm. With the Shitty paradox app it's easy but trying to do it in Hass.io/PAI is beyond my skill level too.

Cheers,

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Pai now has integration for HA - not sure if it pulls in everything automatically: https://github.com/ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai/wiki/Home-Assistant

RE: every zone - I used an excel spreadsheet to generate everything :D
So that is what I am running.

I guess my biggest issue from questions I posted is that I am unsure how bypass zones using hass.io/Pai.

I have a dodgy PIR that always triggers during day (because of birds) but not at night.

Earlier today, had armed my alarm using hass.io / Pai and 5 mins later that zone triggered. Had to use the shitty Insite gold app to bypass the zone.

Everything else is working well. Even using the internal PIRs, as sensors to turn on room lights. Not 100% reliable / fast but it does work!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Anyone here using Nabu Casa subscription and able to use a Garage Door in Alexa as a proper cover opening instead of a switch?

I've looked at other options via Node Red etc to make it free but it's all a bit hacky and all make it show up as a switch so saying "Turn on my Garage Door" just doesn't come naturally.

Any major pitfalls in the Alexa integration to know up front?

calypso

Expert Member
Anyone here using Nabu Casa subscription and able to use a Garage Door in Alexa as a proper cover opening instead of a switch?

I've looked at other options via Node Red etc to make it free but it's all a bit hacky and all make it show up as a switch so saying "Turn on my Garage Door" just doesn't come naturally.

Any major pitfalls in the Alexa integration to know up front?

Yes, except I'm using Google Home.

gbyleveldt

Que? The new version of HA (117 and up) allows you to load a png directly through the person entity configuration page. The old way was to have these pics in the www folder and code to associate it with the person entity. That broke with the upgrade to 117