Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

Speedster

Honorary Master
So what I basically do for simular scenarios:

If switch 1 turns off
- if switch 2 is on
- turn off switch 2

Edit:
I also define input booleans in my config file to carry extra state when I need it:
movement_lights_disable:
name: Disable lights toggle on movement
initial: off
icon: mdi:lightbulb-group-off

This will not turn off the lights if they were switched on with the switch instead of the movement sensors
He wants two way sync, which this method will create a loop for.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Anyone tried syncing two sonoff's together, so if the one is off the other goes off and visa versa?

I could use automations, but if I want to sync in both directions then that will cause a loop.

I sync'd 2 motion sensors together using groups.

It was quite easy also

In my groups.yaml,
Code:
staircase_motion:
    name: Staircase Motion Sensors
    entities:
        - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_1_ias_zone #top
        - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_2_ias_zone #bottom

And the motion sensors trigger my staircase light strip when the group is "on" and then goes off when the group is "off"

Maybe it can work in your case also

Tinuva

The Magician
No it won't as it check's on the other device's state before it changes it
Well I do variation on your method.

Your method as above:
If switch 1 turns off
- if switch 2 is on
- turn off switch 2

Instead minor modification:
If switch 1 turns off
- if switch 2 is on for longer than 10 seconds (using the `for:` key)
- turn off switch 2

So even if you spam switch1, the loop will be broken by the 10 seconds requirement.

SAguy

Executive Member
Thanks guys, also looking at device groups for Tasmota at the same time... seeing if this won't work for me.

Veroland

Executive Member
This is one of the reasons I really love NodeRed, you can set it to ignore events as well:
1631610321110.png

This is a example of switching my tv room lights on and off on movement, it can be disabled and it also will not turn the lights off if one of the 2 switches were turned on manually.

1631610477426.png

w1tw0lf

Anyone tried syncing two sonoff's together, so if the one is off the other goes off and visa versa?

I could use automations, but if I want to sync in both directions then that will cause a loop.

I am using this and it is almost instant, few milliseconds, https://community.home-assistant.io/t/synchronize-the-on-off-state-of-2-entities/259010

actually have 2 sonoffs linked this way, t2 with both relays connected and t3 with only 2 relays connected. The 3rd is using the above blueprint to sync the state so that I can switch the hall way light off at both ends.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Complete noob here.

How do I link Apple HK to HA without 100 devices populating HK?

Use Case: I have 5 sensors available in HA that I want to be able to access via HK but really not in the mood to manually delete the 95 other sensors that automatically uploaded themselves.

Also, anyone have experience of linking a Paradox K32LCD+ to HA (running on a RPi3B+) using a BMT FTDI Usb to Serial convertor? (see pic below)

33ee054949b18a5c4e8de9ce4c357769.jpg

SAguy

Executive Member
I am using this and it is almost instant, few milliseconds, https://community.home-assistant.io/t/synchronize-the-on-off-state-of-2-entities/259010

actually have 2 sonoffs linked this way, t2 with both relays connected and t3 with only 2 relays connected. The 3rd is using the above blueprint to sync the state so that I can switch the hall way light off at both ends.
I've just gotten the group send working on Tasmota to sync the one button on my T1 with my Sonoff mini, so it doesn't touch my HA at all.

Also connected a Sherlo remote receiver to the mini, so I can switch the light the driveway floodlight on when I drive up to my gate.

Charlesjjm

Complete noob here.

How do I link Apple HK to HA without 100 devices populating HK?

Use Case: I have 5 sensors available in HA that I want to be able to access via HK but really not in the mood to manually delete the 95 other sensors that automatically uploaded themselves.

Also, anyone have experience of linking a Paradox K32LCD+ to HA (running on a RPi3B+) using a BMT FTDI Usb to Serial convertor? (see pic below)

33ee054949b18a5c4e8de9ce4c357769.jpg
I can answer the first question.
Go to integrations>homekit
Select the bridge and then configure
In the second dropdown, select which entities you want to sync with homekit
Hit submit
Then in the next screen you either include or exclude specific entities.
Make your selection and submit

gbyleveldt

I've just gotten the group send working on Tasmota to sync the one button on my T1 with my Sonoff mini, so it doesn't touch my HA at all.

Also connected a Sherlo remote receiver to the mini, so I can switch the light the driveway floodlight on when I drive up to my gate.
I was just going to reply that the best way to do it is with group rules in Tasmota. No need to even touch HA for any of that. I have many lights sync'ed with each other using Tasmota groups and only need to control the one device (think 5 Patio downlights) with the rest sync'ed

w1tw0lf

Running esphome on my sonoffs. Sure you can also sync the state. Just haven't looked as with the above blueprint for home assistant it is easy....

1631615133525.png

There is even a blueprint for sync 3 or 4 devices.

ItherNiT

So I just had the lan cable module installed for my DSC alarm. The guy that normally installs the module is on leave, so not to sure if its configured correctly....

So I'm hoping someone here can give me some help?

envisalink:
host: <envisalink IP address or hostname>
panel_type: DSC
user_name: YOUR_USERNAME <------ What username is this?
password: YOUR_PASSWORD <------ What password is this?
code: "1234"
port: 4025
evl_version: 3
keepalive_interval: 60
zonedump_interval: 30
timeout: 10
panic_type: Police

Speedster

Honorary Master
So I just had the lan cable module installed for my DSC alarm. The guy that normally installs the module is on leave, so not to sure if its configured correctly....

envisalink:
How much did the envisalink set you back? I made a plan with a little DIY (and wireless) version for about R200.

IIRC envisalink has an online interface, so I'm assuming the username and password are for your envisalink profile. Could be wrong though.

w1tw0lf

envisalink:

The envisalink has a web interface which you can access via the ip, that would be the username and password that you need. Have a look here, https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/envisalink/

1631618380889.png

ItherNiT

How much did the envisalink set you back? I made a plan with a little DIY (and wireless) version for about R200.

IIRC envisalink has an online interface, so I'm assuming the username and password are for your envisalink profile. Could be wrong though.
Was way more than R200... (bought of amazon for R1200)

Got it working now, just had to restart the device from eyezon website.

furpile

Expert Member
I often see people mention that they put all their IOT stuff on a separate VLAN. Which routers are typically used for this? I have a TPLink C20 from my ISP, I don't think it supports VLAN's. I also have a few AP's to increase coverage area, will they work with the VLAN? Is it a different wifi SSID that is broadcast?

TedLasso

Expert Member
I often see people mention that they put all their IOT stuff on a separate VLAN. Which routers are typically used for this? I have a TPLink C20 from my ISP, I don't think it supports VLAN's. I also have a few AP's to increase coverage area, will they work with the VLAN? Is it a different wifi SSID that is broadcast?
It's a combo of both. A dedicated SSID linked to a physically separate LAN (or vlan)

I am using a full Ubiquiti network stack so it's easy to manage and distribute that config to the APs - each AP show three SSIDs: private (for our home PCs and phbes) , iOT ( for all of that ) and Guest

Have firewall rules that allow private to talk to iOT Lan but not the other way and guests just get put straight to the internet (but they use my adguard DNs so they don't see any ads, etc)