Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

w1tw0lf

How did I miss the "choose" item in automations? Man this will reduce so many automations for me.

Works great. Have one to set the wake up alarm accord to the next day. It "choose" between work day, weekend or day not working. Took 3 automations down to 1.

Fjorko

Expert Member
Are you running it on the USB3 port?

I had an issue with my first enclosure not working with the USB3. After some research I got the correct enclosure and now I'm running my ssd on the usb3 port and it's much faster.
Yep, was on usb3. Maybe you are right, it might be a usb 2 enclosure, although the USB cable coming off it has that little blue thingy inside the USB connector so I assume that's usb3 whereas USB 2 is black?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Works great. Have one to set the wake up alarm accord to the next day. It "choose" between work day, weekend or day not working. Took 3 automations down to 1.

You may like this to make that even easier.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I bought a few SONOFF SNZB-02 - ZB Temperature And Humidity Sensors - as well as SONOFF BASICZBR3 ZB - can someone post a link on using them in combination with Tasmota? Save me some googling.

Tinuva

The Magician
I bought a few SONOFF SNZB-02 - ZB Temperature And Humidity Sensors - as well as SONOFF BASICZBR3 ZB - can someone post a link on using them in combination with Tasmota? Save me some googling.
The only way to use them with tasmota is to get the sonoff zigbee gateway and put tasmota on that. Or if you know about another gateway that can take the tasmota-zigbee.bin file.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
The only way to use them with tasmota is to get the sonoff zigbee gateway and put tasmota on that. Or if you know about another gateway that can take the tasmota-zigbee.bin file.

What are the benefits of using tasmota? I currently got the CC2531 zigbee usb dongle connected to my Pi. I do notice like milliseconds delay in my triggers (it's not something that bothers me). Would tasmota fix that or should I replace the dongle?

Tinuva

The Magician
What are the benefits of using tasmota? I currently got the CC2531 zigbee usb dongle connected to my Pi. I do notice like milliseconds delay in my triggers (it's not something that bothers me). Would tasmota fix that or should I replace the dongle?
Highly doubt it will give you any benefit. Maybe more devices on a single gateway capacity.

In fact tasmota and zigbee is not user friendly. A lot of manual work. Actually considering putting it into socket mode and moving to zigbee2mqtt or zha.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Think I misunderstood the basic, I thought it had WiFi and ZigBee so could be used as a gateway... Now I need to find a gateway.

Tinuva

The Magician
Think I misunderstood the basic, I thought it had WiFi and ZigBee so could be used as a gateway... Now I need to find a gateway.
Correct, it can only extend the zigbee network range. Eg. Wifi extender.

gbyleveldt

At the moment I would recommend the Sonoff ZB Bridge and flashing it with Tasmota. It's been working well for me.
Same here. It’s been a hell of a lot better than that cc2531 dongle thingy. I see there’s a guy on Carb selling one for R200

calypso

Expert Member
I'm busy converting all my Zigbee devices from the old Xiaomi Zigbee gateway to the Sonoff Tasmota flashed gateway. What a pain in the ass getting the devices off the old device and onto the new one. Then all the automations need to be updated as device names (and sometimes states) change.
Whatever you do, choose a coordinator that you gonna stick with.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
At the moment I would recommend the Sonoff ZB Bridge and flashing it with Tasmota. It's been working well for me.
Yeh, think that'll be the easiest. Probably should have spent more time looking up what I wanted to do. All this just to monitor bedroom humidity.

Veroland

Executive Member
Yeh, think that'll be the easiest. Probably should have spent more time looking up what I wanted to do. All this just to monitor bedroom humidity.
Thats how I started, now I have 6 temp / hum zigbee sensors as well as some movenet ones

calypso

Expert Member
I have on Xiaomi button, works great. I have ordered some more from banggood but it's been weeks and they have not shipped yet
Xiaomi zigbee stuff seems to be by far the best on the market, except the gateway. Sonoff stuff works, but feels a bit cheap and clunky.