Home Automation - QwikSwitch

ipodmusicman

LOL @ maumau. We are getting quite geeky but I see this for the benefit of everybody who wants to use the QS platform with HA.

maumau

Honorary Master
LOL @ maumau. We are getting quite geeky but I see this for the benefit of everybody who wants to use the QS platform with HA.
For sure, that's what myBB's all about.

You rock for sharing your knowledge.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Why don't we merge this thread with the other one?

I find it confusing keeping track of the two.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Anyone know if QwikSwitch is compatible with Apple Homekit?

ipodmusicman

Nope not at all. But if you are running Home Assistant, you could install HomeBridge and do it that way. I haven’t tried it myself so cannot vouch for it.

riscbroker

Expert Member
I have a message on the Ewelink app to the effect that "Because of unexpected problems of AWS, we need to upgrade the server, and all service will not be available for about an hour."

Dolby

Honorary Master
If anyone is looking for Quikswitch,

I have a WiFi Bridge and PIR for sale as well (I'll thrown in the door sensor too). Just PM me.

Thanks

ipodmusicman

Hi folks,

Just to let you know that I've created a Hassio add-on for the Qwikswitch USB Hub. It runs and I am able to access the web server, but for some reason the Raspberry Pi does not recognise the hub when plugged into a USB port. I logged into a SSH session under Hassio and called "hassio hardware info" and the device is not present in the response, so the addon is pretty useless at present.

Anybody have an idea why the Raspberry Pi running Home Assistant under Hassio won't see the device? I've posted to the Home Assistant Community forums, but not getting a response, esp from Frenck, who is the Hassio add-on king. :)

Please get in touch with me if you're running Hassio on a Raspberry Pi and let me know if you see the device listed or not. I'd prefer to release the addon if I can get the Pi to see the device to begin with first.

Last edited:

Mhm

I have bought the following products, as a start, recently:
QwikSwitch Multi Function Starter pack (QS-SP-DOPTO)
QwikSwitch Multi Function - ON/OFF or Dim (QS-R-DOPTO)
QwikSwitch 5 switch Imod - ON/OFF (QS-IM6-BAT-O/F)
QwikSwitch WiFi Bridge (QS-WIFI-BRIDGE)

They all work perfectly.
I would like to control/monitor the devices via Home Assistant running on a Raspberry Pi.
But it seems a Qwikswitch USB Hub is require, rather than the WiFi bridge.
I don't see the USB Hub under the Qwikswitch products page, the Smartkit page says out of stock. How can I get hold of one?
Alternatively, if it is possible to control/monitor the devices via the WiFi bridge from Home Assistant, how I achieve this?

ipodmusicman

They all work perfectly.
I would like to control/monitor the devices via Home Assistant running on a Raspberry Pi.
I don't see the USB Hub under the Qwikswitch products page, the Smartkit page says out of stock. How can I get hold of one?
Alternatively, if it is possible to control/monitor the devices via the WiFi bridge from Home Assistant, how I achieve this?
Hi there. Sorry for the delay in responding. You can contact Qwikswitch directly for a USB Hub. They’ll actually make one for you. That is what I did.

There is a Hass add-on for the USB hub. Just search Github for it.

Mhm

Hi there. Sorry for the delay in responding. You can contact Qwikswitch directly for a USB Hub. They’ll actually make one for you. That is what I did.

There is a Hass add-on for the USB hub. Just search Github for it.
Thank you for the reply!
I contacted Qwikswitch directly, they don't make the USB hub anymore and don't have any left either.

If anyone not using their USB hub want to part with it, please let me know. I'll buy it from you.

phaktza

Executive Member

They all work perfectly.
Sorry dude, discontinued. They've discontinued a lot of things on their retail side. Try contacting them directly, I guess?

ipodmusicman

Thank you for the reply!
I contacted Qwikswitch directly, they don't make the USB hub anymore and don't have any left either.

If anyone not using their USB hub want to part with it, please let me know. I'll buy it from you.
That is rather sad that they are not making it. I’ll also send them a mail to add my voice to hopefully convince them to make them again.

Mhm

That is rather sad that they are not making it. I’ll also send them a mail to add my voice to hopefully convince them to make them again.
Yes, it is sad. I already had a few ideas.
Thank you, maybe they might consider making some more.
Ivan from Qwikswitch replied to on my email inquiry.