Home Automation - Smartkit

phaktza

Executive Member
Which is why you use Tasmota.

But I do believe when the factory firmware now allows for pulse across all models.

In the past it was always supported on the 4CH PRO.
Again, not necessary with the latest firmware - unless you want Tasmota.

bees

If I want to monitor the open/close status of 3 garage doors in Home Assistant, what will the best way be?

phaktza

Executive Member
Not sure. See there’s a few Sonoff devices on SmartKit that doesn’t have the Tasmota flash option.

Maybe @phaktza can shed some light?
We can flash almost everything (just ask if you don't see the option) with the exception of the 1 channel 5/12V.

feo

Honorary Master
Not these 1 channels. They're impossible to flash. Rather flash the SV and we'll solder some wires for you.
Impossible why?

So the SV will need to have how many wires soldered? Input DC power from a battery and then the outputs to the gate/garage motor? So 4 in total?

I'm a n00b so pardon the stupid questions.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
If I want to monitor the open/close status of 3 garage doors in Home Assistant, what will the best way be?
Same way a single garage door would be monitored.

With a magnetic switch per door into a Tasmota device.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Impossible why?

So the SV will need to have how many wires soldered? Input DC power from a battery and then the outputs to the gate/garage motor? So 4 in total?

I'm a n00b so pardon the stupid questions.
No the input has header pins.

But for a dry contact you want to solder the two inputs together and then add wires to the outputs.

bees

Same way a single garage door would be monitored.

With a magnetic switch per door into a Tasmota device.
Yeah got that part thanks. Was asking what Sonoff or similar to use in conjunction with the magnetic switch, and how to add in HA.
Have managed to add a single switch to a Basic and get it in HA, still looking at how to add another 2x switches to the same Basic

bees

Interesting question: can I use gang 2 of a 2 gang Sonoff T1 to control a Basic? Idea is to link a bedroom light to gang 1, and have a bedlamp on a Basic. So no physical cable on gang 2, just used as wireless switch for Basic? Can something be done to link 2x switch entities together in HA?
Any ideas?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yeah got that part thanks. Was asking what Sonoff or similar to use in conjunction with the magnetic switch, and how to add in HA.
Have managed to add a single switch to a Basic and get it in HA, still looking at how to add another 2x switches to the same Basic
Same process just use the other GPIO pins.

feo

Honorary Master
We can flash almost everything (just ask if you don't see the option) with the exception of the 1 channel 5/12V.
There's no option on the site for Tasmota with a Sonoff SV.

I wanna get one to hook up to a garage door and use MQTT. Will you be able to solder on some wires and flash Tasmota as well?

phaktza

Executive Member
There's no option on the site for Tasmota with a Sonoff SV.

I wanna get one to hook up to a garage door and use MQTT. Will you be able to solder on some wires and flash Tasmota as well?
I would, but we ran out of stock yesterday. I'll try source some local stock - otherwise you'll have to wait until after Chinese New Year.

feo

Honorary Master
I would, but we ran out of stock yesterday. I'll try source some local stock - otherwise you'll have to wait until after Chinese New Year.
Eish ok, I'll wait before placing an order.

Please post back here tomorrow if you find some stock.