Home Automation - Smartkit

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So - last night I finally made the effort in connecting Google Assistant to my Paradox alarm via home-assistant - much more convenient being able to tell google to arm the alarm in various states than getting out a phone or going to a keypad.
This worries me a little.

Apple purposely cock block this behaviour and rightly so I reckon.

Unless this is only the stay alarm when in home?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
It's only for arming - not disarming. If you've exposed your alarm to HA - I think the risk is already there.

EDIT - actually - if you have a Paradox alarm connected to your network, I'd say you're at risk - it's not the most secure.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
It's only for arming - not disarming. If you've exposed your alarm to HA - I think the risk is already there.

EDIT - actually - if you have a Paradox alarm connected to your network, I'd say you're at risk - it's not the most secure.
Well I’m not using the IP150 but I’m sure the Tasmota option isn’t massively more secure.

But I think all of that would be more secure than just about anyone being able to say “Hey Google, disarm the alarm” which is openly available on most devices without an unlock.

Or are you saying that’s not possible?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Nope - I'm manually exposing entities to Google Assistant - I actually created a script to set the different arm modes, so you'd have to say "Hey Google, turn on the stay alarm" - this kicks off a script which turns on the relevant alarm state - if you say "Hey Google, turn off the stay alarm" - nothing will happen as the script only turns on to arm, and then off again.

There's no way to disarm via google assistant.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Nope - I'm manually exposing entities to Google Assistant - I actually created a script to set the different arm modes, so you'd have to say "Hey Google, turn on the stay alarm" - this kicks off a script which turns on the relevant alarm state - if you say "Hey Google, turn off the stay alarm" - nothing will happen as the script only turns on to arm, and then off again.

There's no way to disarm via google assistant.
Aah okay so like “scenes” and not direct access to those entities.

Those would be the only way I can force it to be voice operated as well I reckon.

bees

So - last night I finally made the effort in connecting Google Assistant to my Paradox alarm via home-assistant - much more convenient being able to tell google to arm the alarm in various states than getting out a phone or going to a keypad.
Mind sharing your alarm yaml code? I tried with the Paradox IP150 by Alfredo but not having much luck. My IP150 is still version 1.29

feo

Honorary Master
I may have asked this before, but is there any dummies info on how to connect a Sonoff SV to a garage door or gate motor?

phaktza

Executive Member
SmartKit - how is the Shelly testing going? Any chance of bringing in something like this? https://shelly.cloud/product/shelly-wifi-humidity-and-temperature-sensor/

Looking for the easiest way of getting temperature in every room. Currently have 1x Sensibo for the main aircon in living room.

I know I can use the TH16’s with a temp sensor in every room, but looking for something more elegant.
We're getting some plugs and bulbs shortly, including some items not yet for sale. If it goes well we'll get a few other sample items, including the H&T.

The issue is certifying things that don't sell well - thanks ICASA.

bees

We're getting some plugs and bulbs shortly, including some items not yet for sale. If it goes well we'll get a few other sample items, including the H&T.

The issue is certifying things that don't sell well - thanks ICASA.
Cool, please keep us updated!

SukkaFoo

I am reasonably confident I know the answer to this but my lights are wired with twin and earth. I assume that this means I have no neutral wire?

feo

Honorary Master
I am reasonably confident I know the answer to this but my lights are wired with twin and earth. I assume that this means I have no neutral wire?
Well, the light fittings themselves will have to be wired into a (switched) live and neutral but you probably won't have a neutral at the wall switch box, unless you're lucky.

feo

Honorary Master
No man feo! I just realised sitting here I didn't solder the wires! Sorry...
Nooooooooo!

I literally have no tools or experience in soldering. I won't be able to use the SV now.

Did you flash Tasmota?

Slip

So I bought a CC2531 USB sniffer, downloader cable and CC Debuger off AliExpress hoping to setup my ZigBee devices. The problem is I'm not able to get the debugger to detect the sniffer. It's most likely a dodgy debugger or header cable because I can see ZigBee packets with the sniffer. I don't feel like waiting another 4 months for a new set to arrive. Has anyone got one I can borrow or has time to help me out? Link below for more details on the process I'm following. Thanks.

https://koenkk.github.io/zigbee2mqtt/getting_started/flashing_the_cc2531.html