Home Automation - Smartkit

Thor

Honorary Master
So based on this article, at https://www.pcmag.com/article/367145/how-to-set-up-your-smart-home-a-beginners-guide:

I have two chandeliers with 9 bulbs each in my living room. I think that it would be insane to control all 18 bulbs individually.
The smart switches that they mention in the quoted text above, where can I find those? Does anyone have a link? And installation guide please? Is it a Philips Hue switch or is there a better alternative?
I would recommend a swart switch over a smart bulb.

Buy the one from sonof.

https://www.communica.co.za/collections/vendors?q=Sonoff

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
But this is just to switch the lights no/off via a device right?
What if I want to do the RGB thing over XMas for example?
That means that I have to buy not only this, but the Philips Hue bulbs as well?
For actual bulbs? Yes the switch won't work unless you use LEDs.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So based on this article, at https://www.pcmag.com/article/367145/how-to-set-up-your-smart-home-a-beginners-guide:

I have two chandeliers with 9 bulbs each in my living room. I think that it would be insane to control all 18 bulbs individually.
The smart switches that they mention in the quoted text above, where can I find those? Does anyone have a link? And installation guide please? Is it a Philips Hue switch or is there a better alternative?

Philips Hue is generally overrated and overpriced so avoid it if you can.

Also you wouldn't control them individually, you would group them together so it's a single action to turn them all on or off etc.

Alternatively forget about the fancy switch and do something that works with your current switches like the Shelly or Sonoff.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I see that there isn't one that has a dimmer on it.
I have 2 switches and a dimmer on my current non-smart panel for my living room.
The only wifi dimmers available at the moment are the Tuya ones, they can at least be flashed with ESPhome or Tasmota using Tuya convert. Its involved but its possible.
The one I have works very well but they only have 1 switch available.

patrick123

Expert Member
Well, the basics of the Konnected system is up and running. Some quick Pics.

Just unwrapped, comes in a plain brown box, so no funny thoughts.
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-01 at 12.20.26 (4).jpeg

This is a 12 zone unit, 2 smaller units with 6 zones on each, a Main board and an Add-on board.

My old alarm system was an 8 zone unit of which I was just using 3 zones, a Panic zone, and a tamper zone. I have now split out the panic into front and back.
Alarm panel.PNG
The beauty of this system, is that you don't need the add-on boards in the same box as the main unit, so I will be placing the other unit in the front with new wires going to it.

I have not experienced any Ghost switching yet even though my furthest point is about 12-15 metres away.

This is just a quick summary, I will be doing a complete write up and review about it. :)

R4m80

Well, the basics of the Konnected system is up and running. Some quick Pics.

Just unwrapped, comes in a plain brown box, so no funny thoughts.
View attachment 693211

This is a 12 zone unit, 2 smaller units with 6 zones on each, a Main board and an Add-on board.

My old alarm system was an 8 zone unit of which I was just using 3 zones, a Panic zone, and a tamper zone. I have now split out the panic into front and back.
View attachment 693213
The beauty of this system, is that you don't need the add-on boards in the same box as the main unit, so I will be placing the other unit in the front with new wires going to it.

I have not experienced any Ghost switching yet even though my furthest point is about 12-15 metres away.

This is just a quick summary, I will be doing a complete write up and review about it. :)
Was this one of @phaktza units? Thought I was on the list to get one too?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
But this is just to switch the lights no/off via a device right?
What if I want to do the RGB thing over XMas for example? :p
That means that I have to buy not only this, but the Philips Hue bulbs as well?

Well unless you can magically make your current lights change colours that would be right.

A silly reason for all that expense quote frankly.

R4m80

Yeah it is, konnected were unfortunately only willing to part with so many samples :/
No worries. Was ready to cancel my Armed response when I got the konnected. Now I'll wait for the reviews and if its good, I'll just buy 1 from you if its not too expensive.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Are you supposed to Restart Flows every time you make major changes?

Because I've just found Node Red so super inconsistent when it comes to my presence detections and updates of states that I actually can't rely on it.

But now I see there is a Restart Flows button and wondering if I've not just been doing it wrong by simply saving flow changes.