Home Automation - Smartkit

Tinuva

The Magician
Are you supposed to Restart Flows every time you make major changes?

Because I've just found Node Red so super inconsistent when it comes to my presence detections and updates of states that I actually can't rely on it.

But now I see there is a Restart Flows button and wondering if I've not just been doing it wrong by simply saving flow changes.
I usually restart mine.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Node Red is just too unreliable and inconsistent for anything that relies on a state change.

Going to switch anything like that back to HA.

Stuff based on timers or more static triggers seems fine though.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, just wondering if anyone knows where is a good place locally to buy Philips Hue bulbs at a reasonable price?

patrick123

Expert Member
Node Red is just too unreliable and inconsistent for anything that relies on a state change.

The definitely seems to be a communication issue between NR and HA, on the event listener side. the timers are basically crontab entries.

It is rather surprising though, since mine is running rock solid. I'm running in dockers on a centos 7 machine and have disabled SELinux as well as the firewall and am using OpenVPN for outside access.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, just wondering if anyone knows where is a good place locally to buy Philips Hue bulbs at a reasonable price?

I don't think they are reasonable anywhere, local or otherwise.

Takealot is about the only option.

Might still be better off just importing from Amazon.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The definitely seems to be a communication issue between NR and HA, on the event listener side. the timers are basically crontab entries.

It is rather surprising though, since mine is running rock solid. I'm running in dockers on a centos 7 machine and have disabled SELinux as well as the firewall and am using OpenVPN for outside access.

Yeah I just don't get it, works while I test it manually and fiddling with it.

Then will trigger maybe once when I get home and then just magically stop.

I don't see anything in the debug logs, but also don't know where to look really.

I am however wondering two things...

1. Is the Microserver just being overloaded and can't deal. This doesn't seem to be the case when checking it in real time.

2. Is my fail2ban or other blocking mechanism causing kak here. I see an auto-ban happening every once in a blue moon but because it's via the dockers it obviously appears to come from the local docker IP inside HA.

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Strange, definitely not having an issue here

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I don't think they are reasonable anywhere, local or otherwise.

Takealot is about the only option.

Might still be better off just importing from Amazon.

Bummer. Daughter just arrived from UK with 6 bulbs but I want another 2 :p

The_Unnamed

WUD FTW
With the konnected alarm panels, what woud the plan be should there be an intruder that triggers the alarm?
You would get a notification that it was triggered but no one would then go and respond.

Tinuva

The Magician
Yeah I just don't get it, works while I test it manually and fiddling with it.

Then will trigger maybe once when I get home and then just magically stop.

I don't see anything in the debug logs, but also don't know where to look really.

I am however wondering two things...

1. Is the Microserver just being overloaded and can't deal. This doesn't seem to be the case when checking it in real time.

2. Is my fail2ban or other blocking mechanism causing kak here. I see an auto-ban happening every once in a blue moon but because it's via the dockers it obviously appears to come from the local docker IP inside HA.
Really strange. I have things triggering on state changes from Openhab just fine. I doubt your microserver is the issue, I am running nodered in docker on a atom based board (Minnowboard Turbot) and I have zero issues,

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Really strange. I have things triggering on state changes from Openhab just fine. I doubt your microserver is the issue, I am running nodered in docker on a atom based board (Minnowboard Turbot) and I have zero issues,

Is there a log to monitor that tracks everything? Guess I'll have to watch the docker log while I fiddle, but of course I never have these issues then.

Or are the debug nodes the only option?

Even though I should be studying for my Red Hat exam tomorrow I'm probably going to sit and fiddle with this.

I do see this...

Code:
6 Aug 20:05:16 - [error] [server-state-changed:Person] TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of null
    at ServerStateChangedNode.shouldHaltIfState (/data/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-llat/nodes/server-events-state-changed/server-events-state-changed.js:63:83)
    at ServerStateChangedNode.onHaEventsStateChanged (/data/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-llat/nodes/server-events-state-changed/server-events-state-changed.js:29:49)
    at emitOne (events.js:121:20)
    at HaEvents.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at HaEvents.onClientMessage (/data/node_modules/node-home-assistant-llat/lib/ha-events.js:65:22)
    at EventSource.client.on (/data/node_modules/node-home-assistant-llat/lib/ha-events.js:33:49)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at EventSource.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at _emit (/data/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:242:17)
    at parseEventStreamLine (/data/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:257:9)

I can see the State Change was yesterday morning at 09:37 when I left home. Then since then just magically nothing came in again.

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I had both a Long Lived Access Token and an API key in my configuration from Node Red to HA.

It seems I might only need one of them so I've removed the API key to see if that's maybe the cause of this.

patrick123

Expert Member
I wonder if it is your HA palette that might be causing the issue?
This is the one that I'm using:
HApalettes.PNG

grok

Honorary Master
Regarding the SONOFF BASICR3..

Are we there yet..?
Are we there yet..?
Are we there yet..?
Are we there yet..?
Are we there yet..?
Are we there yet..?
Are we there yet..?
Are we there yet..?
Are we there yet..?

Seriously, when are they becoming available?