Home Brewing / Micro Brewery / My own beer

phoenix99

Expert Member
Not sure what you mean by recipe, as I didn't really work according to one .....
I added the juice to the FV .... added the yeast (dry - no rehydration), omitted yeast nutrient as I didn't have any on hand .... fermentation started the next day and I didn't look at it for ± 3 weeks (personal preference) ... after that cold crashed for a couple of days ... then into keg with the Xylitol mixed with a little extra apple juice ... couple of days later into glass ;)

OG was 1052 (could up this with some dextrose) & FG was 1.000

I basically watched a couple of YT videos how other people do it & then just did my own version :)

Thanks!

CorrieDeBeer

Expert Member
After brewing two weeks ago I finally got the courage to pop one of my bottles open. Took some pics for everyone's pleasure.

20160805_111520.jpg

20160805_111520.jpg

Necropolis

Executive Member
Yeah next thing I buy is a auto syphon and some Whirlfloc tablets

Cold crash if you can, fine with gelatin, and rack to a bottling bucket.

Should help a lot with clarity.

Looks like some of those bottles have a lot of yeast in them.

Also - keep those bottles out of the sun.

Hopped beer + UV light = skunked beer, and nobody wants that.

Kalle

does anyone know here I can buy beer bottle crown caps in bulk?
Like 10,000 or so. I'm tired of buying a few 100 all the time.

Beachless

Executive Member
They did spend most of there time in the closet, just came out for a photo (-;

You're going to find out the hard way that yeast is a laxative :whistling:

Also if you leave it on the yeast too long it will also get some odd flavors so drink them quick. You can stick them in the fridge for a day or two before drinking to settle out the yeast and then just pour carefully into a glass.

CorrieDeBeer

Expert Member
You're going to find out the hard way that yeast is a laxative :whistling:

Also if you leave it on the yeast too long it will also get some odd flavors so drink them quick. You can stick them in the fridge for a day or two before drinking to settle out the yeast and then just pour carefully into a glass.

I have drunk a few bottles by now and I cannot say the toilet has received too much abuse. Lots of things give me a fat k@k, but this is not one of them. Most of the yeast remains in the bottle anyway. I'm still refining my method.

saor

Honorary Master
Just crossposting here in case anyone knows where to get these airlocks in CPT:

Thread: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/842914-3-Piece-Airlock-in-CPT-(for-brewing-fermentation)?highlight=

Necrotic

Hi you guys... Can someone maybe suggest a place (pref. online) where I can order a 19L-30L Keg (incl.connections) from.
Can only find these 5L party kegs on the online shops, And the one shop I did manage to order a 30L keg from has not delivered +4 weeks after order\payment?

Thanks in advance

janplank

Hi you guys... Can someone maybe suggest a place (pref. online) where I can order a 19L-30L Keg (incl.connections) from.
Can only find these 5L party kegs on the online shops, And the one shop I did manage to order a 30L keg from has not delivered +4 weeks after order\payment?

Thanks in advance
Did you try Bevan at draughtcraft?

Necropolis

Executive Member

Thanks in advance
Richard at Keg Solutions stocks corny kegs and all the necessary fittings and pipes.