Home Brewing / Micro Brewery / My own beer

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Hey my dominee told me something about that this weekend. Apparently he's aiming at like 3 or 4 mil, and moving toward his goal. Around Harties area, IIRC.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Bottled my mead last night. Came out BEAUTIFULLY, specially the melomel. Just look at that colour:

Taste is also on par. The traditional one is quite "meh", so I turned all of my batch into melomel. Quite a bit better, IMO!

Space_Kriek

I have a Steam beer in the fermentor thats being kegged on Sat. Then I have a Citra pale thats still fermenting. Cant wait for this beer anymore

What do you guys have in the fermentors

Space_Kriek

I also wanna do a stout/porter but its a bit late in the season to age it properly. Might brew a Imperial Stout and cask it till next year

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I also wanna do a stout/porter but its a bit late in the season to age it properly. Might brew a Imperial Stout and cask it till next year
Plenty stouts are still good young. I do kits, so they're petty much drinkable 4 weeks later, and to me the peak of winter is still coming so my timing might be right on.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
I have a Steam beer in the fermentor thats being kegged on Sat. Then I have a Citra pale thats still fermenting. Cant wait for this beer anymore

What do you guys have in the fermentors
This (Called it a Dark Munich) ... busy fermenting on the yeast cake from the brew below
Screenshot_1.jpg

Kegged this (Light Lager @ 4.3%ABV fermented at 17ºC with W34/70) on Wednesday and will have a test tonight ... Been on gas @ 30PSI for ±48hrs
Screenshot_2.jpg

GrootP

This (Called it a Dark Munich) ... busy fermenting on the yeast cake from the brew below
View attachment 524179

Kegged this (Light Lager @ 4.3%ABV fermented at 17ºC with W34/70) on Wednesday and will have a test tonight ... Been on gas @ 30PSI for ±48hrs
View attachment 524181
I would never use these expensive noble/aroma hops in a boil of more than 10 minutes at the max, you boil off the aroma.
I use a SAB hops for all my bittering in all my brews and only use aroma/noble types for 5 min maximum boil and dry hopping.
If I were to brew for a competition, I may consider it to get closer to a specific style.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
does home/craft brewing have less sulphates? cause the normal beers kill me with it. But i'de like to give some crafts a try.
Beers generally contain very little to none. Ciders, yes, but not beers. What beers do you think have it? Do you have asthma?

neoprema

Expert Member
Beers generally contain very little to none. Ciders, yes, but not beers. What beers do you think have it? Do you have asthma?
Black Label - i get super headaches from just 1 of them. Followed by Castle. But i've had some EU rarer beers and i was fine.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Black Label - i get super headaches from just 1 of them. Followed by Castle. But i've had some EU rarer beers and i was fine.
Highly doubt it's sulfites. Sulfites cause allergy-related reactions, like itching, hives, shortness of breath and tight chest, not headaches (usually). How do you respond to ciders like Savannah and wines (red and white)?

neoprema

Expert Member
Highly doubt it's sulfites. Sulfites cause allergy-related reactions, like itching, hives, shortness of breath and tight chest, not headaches (usually). How do you respond to ciders like Savannah and wines (red and white)?
Red Wine is the worst - i come out in itching all over my face and it goes red instantly heh.