Home Brewing / Micro Brewery / My own beer

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Is anyone brewing this weekend.

I have a Hoppy Wheat clone from Little Wolf planned.

Found some nice recipes on Real Beer Revolution
That's gold man. Let us know how the Hoppy Wheat clone goes - my wife and I love that beer.

I'm kegging 26L of Pale Ale this weekend. It's a batch I did with Sean on one of his Bru Pro systems. I need to empty the keg before the 12th Sept because I'm off to Munich for Octoberfest. What a lovely problem to have.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I bottled my mead last night, so no, nothing for now. Going to maybe start up my test cider in a bit, so there's that.
I'm also in the middle of a mead experiment (my second experiment). Hopped mead that was re-racked last night along with the final dry hopping session. I followed this recipe but I used the hops I had on hand instead of buying more.

I realised the other day I have more 440ml bottles than I know what to do with, so I guess I'll need to get serious about brewing some new batches.

Space_Kriek

So ended up brewing the Hoppy Wheat clone... Hit all my numbers. Also assisted a mate in brewing a Helles Lager on his 100l system....

TheSlinger

I have a Blonde Ale in the fermented, currently cold crashing. To be bottled Wednesday. This will be my entry to the National Home Brew Champs.
A very simple beer, but one of my favorite spring beers.

TheSlinger

After the one week taste of the Blonde Ale I am very pleased. I'll probably be dropping it off next week Tuesday or the following Saturday - gonna make a beer tasting out of it as my in-laws are visiting at the moment and I think I have finally swayed my father in law to craft beer.

Last night at dinner he didn't order a Windhoek but rather cbc's amber weis, which he hadn't had before. He's always enjoyed my brews, but always ordered a Windhoek, this time asked what's on tap and I'll try that.

Space_Kriek

I tasted y Hoppy Wheat clone last night before I added the dryhop addition. WOW. You have to brew this one. ITS CRAZY good

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I currently have a mead in the ferm fridge, along with a lagering mini keg containing my vienna lager (very simple, very nice) and also a test batch Rooibos and Cranberry cider. All seems to be going well!

SukkaFoo

Finally getting the hang of the new brewery. Initially I was using a basket in the kettle but the efficiency was just so bad that I worried it was impacting the product. Switched back to the Coleman cooler. Might pick up a SS Brewtech mash run if I visit the US again sometime.

The precise control from the panel is cool... But now I'm not using it for mashing which sucks, but whatever. Sadly the element is pretty high up, so even if I went for a BIAB setup the false bottom I'd need for it to not scorch the bag is super high up and would have a huge amount of dead space.

Did a closed pressure transfer today. Really pretty easy. Should mean less O2.

SmellyCelly

Wow, this is a long thread. Does anyone have a recommendation for a total newbie for a starter kit? Thanks!

TheSlinger

Wow, this is a long thread. Does anyone have a recommendation for a total newbie for a starter kit? Thanks!
Where are you located?
If you're in Cape Town Norther Suburbs, I'll happily show you the ropes and help you get a kit going.

Otherwise checkout places like:
https://beerlab.co.za

SmellyCelly

Thanks, guys!! I'm in Joburg... Norwood side. Will check out the link and let you know if I have any questions. Excited to give this a try.

Space_Kriek

Thanks, guys!! I'm in Joburg... Norwood side. Will check out the link and let you know if I have any questions. Excited to give this a try.

You can visit Brewcraft. They have a shop in Jet Park. Speak to Louis. he will be able to assist

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I've been considering making a YT video to show newbies how to get started - one newbie to another. There are a few ways to get started, a VERY cheap way, a medium way (build as you go) and an expensive way (going straight Grainfather (or similar) and kegging). Which one do you want to try?