Home Brewing / Micro Brewery / My own beer

GAD

Did you get in on this week's APA? :)
Nope...to much beer for now (25 crates)...or should I say...enough beer for awhile....gotta get the GF going to do my first AllGrain...but curious about the style

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I have 21 cases of quarts and 1 litres bottles aging for the 3rd wave, next week Sunday I bottle another 6 cases and then 2 weeks later another 6 cases.
Then I'm done and ready for winter, 33 cases of beautiful matured brew....mmmmm.....can't wait, that's 347 litres :love:

Toxxyc

Executive Member
Oats, rice and millet... No thanks. I prefer my stouts with oats, roasted barley, chocolate malt, caramunich I and pilsner malt, thank you.

Fred07

I have 21 cases of quarts and 1 litres bottles aging for the 3rd wave, next week Sunday I bottle another 6 cases and then 2 weeks later another 6 cases.
Then I'm done and ready for winter, 33 cases of beautiful matured brew....mmmmm.....can't wait, that's 347 litres :love:
Alcoholic :oops:.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN

Snyper564

Executive Member
Isn't that colour just so wonderfully satisfying. It is majestic.

Do you make the invert sugar? I don't - becomes too much effort. That is one of the changes I made. I use syrup and I have been bouncing between Illovo and Lyalls.
It really is, last time I used kveik this time was London ale yeast taste very very similar but Def pref London ale yeast.

I don't make the invert I use lyles with the dead lion on.

Such a great delicious beer also a super cheap one to make! Use willemette hops this time no fuggles or ekg around

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
It really is, last time I used kveik this time was London ale yeast taste very very similar but Def pref London ale yeast.

I don't make the invert I use lyles with the dead lion on.

Such a great delicious beer also a super cheap one to make! Use willemette hops this time no fuggles or ekg around

100% agree on the ale yeast. This stuff is great on the nitro tap so I make quite a bit of it. It is one of every two or three brews. I used the kveik a few times but have now reverted back to ale yeast. It takes a little longer but hell the taste is better. I grabbed a 500g of Ale yeast for this very reason - it just works out better.

I have been using that same lyles myself but I do recall for my first attempt, I used Illovo so with the one currently in the fermenter, I used Illovo again. I am still using EKG and Fuggles as I still have about 200g of them.

Snyper564

Executive Member
100% agree on the ale yeast. This stuff is great on the nitro tap so I make quite a bit of it. It is one of every two or three brews. I used the kveik a few times but have now reverted back to ale yeast. It takes a little longer but hell the taste is better. I grabbed a 500g of Ale yeast for this very reason - it just works out better.

I have been using that same lyles myself but I do recall for my first attempt, I used Illovo so with the one currently in the fermenter, I used Illovo again. I am still using EKG and Fuggles as I still have about 200g of them.
Don't think I'll be using kveik again soon. I'm in no rush anymore and I can control temps so I'm happy to use the Auth yeasts