Home Brewing / Micro Brewery / My own beer

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Has anyone been successful in re-pitching yeast?

Most of us have ... I previously made over 30 brews from one pack of dry yeast.

these days i brew with Oslo ... i save the trub and scoop out a spoon into FV as needed ... Once finish, I'll save the trub from the last FV in the chain and so forth ;)

Snyper564

Executive Member

these days i brew with Oslo ... i save the trub and scoop out a spoon into FV as needed ... Once finish, I'll save the trub from the last FV in the chain and so forth ;)
This, used this on many of my yeasts as well. This is the single biggest saving in brewing you can make

Smokey888

Expert Member

I am referring to adding more yeast due to fermentation stuck

Smokey888

Expert Member
It just did not start bubbling yet. Pitched yeast Saturday evening, no bubbling yet. Temperature is perfectly fine so don't know what the issue is. Yeast might be off.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Tripel went from 1085 on Saturday evening to 1050 today... moving along nicely!

Its already 4.5% :p

Snyper564

Executive Member
It just did not start bubbling yet. Pitched yeast Saturday evening, no bubbling yet. Temperature is perfectly fine so don't know what the issue is. Yeast might be off.
Which yeast, what temp?

I pitched my yeast sat evening and only started late last night.

Many factors at play here, including water. What water did you use? Have chlorine etc.

Smokey888

Expert Member
Which yeast, what temp?

I pitched my yeast sat evening and only started late last night.

Many factors at play here, including water. What water did you use? Have chlorine etc.
Lager extract kit. Recipe said to pitch yeast at 22 which I did and then to keep temp between 18-20. Been on 19 constantly.

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
^ Are you sure it's NOT fermenting besides the no bubbles ... an airlock is not an indication of no fermentation :unsure: