Home Brewing / Micro Brewery / My own beer

Snyper564

Executive Member
Yea, I sanitise on the day of bottling, but I was washing the bottles used over the weekend. I think I'll start rinsing them as I use them, it seems easier.
The key to a quick an easy bottling day is a little prep before hand like rinsing properly after opening etc. I also recommend having a few spare boxes. I currently have 9 cases which may be overkill but then I never worry about not having enough bottles.

Mars

Honorary Master
The key to a quick an easy bottling day is a little prep before hand like rinsing properly after opening etc. I also recommend having a few spare boxes. I currently have 9 cases which may be overkill but then I never worry about not having enough bottles.
I took a trip out to the consol shop and bought 6 cases of bottles so I should be ok for a bit.

Snyper564

Executive Member
I took a trip out to the consol shop and bought 6 cases of bottles so I should be ok for a bit.
Perfect! thats the best way then its ok when you waiting to get bottles back from friends etc.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Busy with a stout. Trying to get things to where I like them so the grain bill is as plain as possible. 10L and with salts this time. I am going to then look at my outcome and figure out what to adjust.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Look for jamils recipe from brewing classic styles one of the best dry Irish or Guinness clones I have ever brewed and with your nitro you will nail it. Also ensure your grind the roasted barley ultra fine
Busy with a stout. Trying to get things to where I like them so the grain bill is as plain as possible. 10L and with salts this time. I am going to then look at my outcome and figure out what to adjust.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Look for jamils recipe from brewing classic styles one of the best dry Irish or Guinness clones I have ever brewed and with your nitro you will nail it. Also ensure your grind the roasted barley ultra fine

Will do next time. Today was a massive success. OG 1043. It started with a perfect mash. I went back to my old back and gas setup. At 15L, I figured why not. RO water, added salts as per that article you linked. Mash pH was 5.2 at the lower end of the range. Boil off was a beautiful thing to behold - I moved it to the urn for that because the coil chiller fits better. Yeast was pitched 25 minutes into the game so I got to miss the first part of that balls up. Let's hope we rescue it.