Home Brewing / Micro Brewery / My own beer

TheSlinger

Anyone know where I can find stainless steel weldless bulkheads that are 3/4 inch in SA?
Would rather support local than pay tripple in shipping from USA.

Jitters

Anyone know where I can find stainless steel weldless bulkheads that are 3/4 inch in SA?
Would rather support local than pay tripple in shipping from USA.
Looking for the same but 1/2" cant find anywhere locally. Please update if you find something

TheSlinger

I stumbled onto these guys this morning: https://megasol.co.za/

But the payfast integration they have is in sandbox mode, so while other aspects make them seem legit, that does not. I've emailed them to ask about it. But I am not eft'ing direct without more hard proof they exist.

Jitters

MrR

Expert Member
Anyone in CPT Northern Suburbs want 40-60 440ml bottles?

They're a bit dusty and most of them are clean inside. Some have never been used before (bought from LHBS/ consol) or only have 1 use and some I saved from microbreweries (still has the label or some glue on).

If I still have, I share whatever bottle caps I have as well.

Not selling and no strings attached, just looking to get rid of some things and would rather help the community.

PM me and we can meet up somewhere over the weekend.

If there's someone in Stellenbosch that's interested, I'll be in that area Monday/ Tuesday.

Jy is dronk jy moes ga slaap het. How did it go? Trippels are hard work man

Went well actually, has already popped out the airlock so I'll have to switch to a blow off. I don't find tripel to be too difficult, just more grains.

Ooef I made my second batch of beer this time too and ended 3am. Good luck!

Use your new system? What was your upgrade

Ya I did, got a benoni brew. A pump makes things way better, it's also much less of a faff than the DIY setup. Trying to simplify things because it was becoming a bit of a chore to brew, good step this.

Finished at like 12.30, just gotta do the cleaning today.

Now to convince the SO to get a keezer...

Snyper564

Executive Member
Went well actually, has already popped out the airlock so I'll have to switch to a blow off. I don't find tripel to be too difficult, just more grains.

Ya I did, got a benoni brew. A pump makes things way better, it's also much less of a faff than the DIY setup. Trying to simplify things because it was becoming a bit of a chore to brew, good step this.

Finished at like 12.30, just gotta do the cleaning today.

Now to convince the SO to get a keezer...
Yeah also did a triple a few months back same as normal batch just more grains and some candi sugar added.

It's a beast when it ferments I needed a blow off

Mars

Honorary Master
2021-09-23 12.19.50.jpg 2021-09-23 12.19.45.jpg

Finished my beer fridge in time for Braai day tomorrow.
The prints on the sides are way too dark but its fine for now, I'll reprint them sometime.

I bought the fridge off gumtree for about R1500 a couple of years ago, but it was so scratched and banged up that it really did not look great. Even the aluminum doors had some of the anodizing scratched off, thats the main reason I painted it.