Home Brewing / Micro Brewery / My own beer

Mars

Honorary Master
I recently bought one off takealot. I did not know Netram had them or I would have just gone there and bought one.

I have it on my fridge at the moment because I'm doing a german lager. I'm using heat wire for warming the inside of the fridge, never thought of using an electric blanket. I do that come winter, thanks.

Snyper564

Executive Member
I recently bought one off takealot. I did not know Netram had them or I would have just gone there and bought one.

I have it on my fridge at the moment because I'm doing a german lager. I'm using heat wire for warming the inside of the fridge, never thought of using an electric blanket. I do that come winter, thanks.
I use a ceramic reptile heater works like a bomb in a fridge can hit the 40s if needed for kveiks

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I reckon I've only got a couple more brews left before the summer temps making brewing a pain.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Cactus Craft now has Lutra kveik, supposedly a very clean yeast, for those still struggling with temp control (like me)

I have a brew with it in the fermenter now, but no thoughts on it yet.

Apparently you can make a lager at 30C with lutra and it's perfectly clean. It's an isolated strain out of Voss that omega specifically got out to be clean, I think Dave heath has a recent video on it.

If I didn't have temp control I'd use lutra for everything.

Jitters

Apparently you can make a lager at 30C with lutra and it's perfectly clean. It's an isolated strain out of Voss that omega specifically got out to be clean, I think Dave heath has a recent video on it.

If I didn't have temp control I'd use lutra for everything.

not Voss but Hornindal

not Voss but Hornindal

Sorry, yes that's right

abudabi

Expert Member
Also keen to try lutra... Voss had a definate taste for me and oslo was beter but still had it.

B-1

Expert Member
I havent had much luck with kveik yeast in terms of beers I like drinking. I prefer a dry style of beer. Lager, irish red ale, dry stout etc. Kveik while it makes quick drinkable beer needs some strong flavours to balance it out. The best I made was a pale ale with a lot of biscuit malt and ragnarok. Cant remember the hops but it had a lemon hit to it.

Snyper564

Executive Member
A beautifully brewed 10% Belgium tripel. Was made using westmalle yeast and is about 5 months old. Will be aged longer but dam it's fine already.

Perfect effervescence touch of banana and caramel. Can't tell it's 10% no "hot alcohol" taste just warming. Will be a beautiful winter beer.

20211021_184017.jpg