Tkburn1439

Home connect seem to have some crazy prices on the frogfoot packages page , does anyone have experience using this isp over the frogfoot network ?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
if youre a windows user the thing i wished i found 5 years ago and has made the most difference in my life is:
tcpoptizer4
slider to your linespeed and choose optimise, restart.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I just joined Home-Connect and received the router today. I signed up for a 50/50 package.

The whole day SpeedTest.net gave me a speed of less than 1Mbps. About an hour ago I got the highest speed of 8Mbps. I contacted their support but have not heard from them as yet.

Hopefully they can get this sorted by tomorrow else I need to cancel, block their debit order and see if I can move elsewhere. If not, get Evotel to come and remove their installation and rather stay on Telkom LTE.
assuming youre on wifi

cavedog

Honorary Master
@sand_man

I see Home Connect has dropped prices for Openserve also offerring free installation and activation.

Looks like 100Mbps is really the sweet spot when it comes to Openserve with prices between R1200 and R1400.

HaNsA

Expert Member
I have been using Cipherwave / Home-Connect's 100/100Mbps package for the past two weeks and I have SADV (SA Digital Villages) as my fibre provider.

My experience thus far has been extremely positive. I have been seeing constant speeds of 95Mbps+ and my downloads on Steam, Origin, etc reaches 12MBps download speed easily.

I had to get SADV to install their ONT. They just tested that it is getting signal and were on their way. Home-Connect then couriered their Tenda FH307 router via overnoght shipping and I got it the next day. From there it is just plugging the ethernet cable from the ONT to the WAN port on the Tenda Router, logging into the router, entering your details and your up and running. The Tenda router has very good Wi-Fi reception, but only has 2.4GHz. I am forwarding the connection from the Tenda router to my own TP-Link D2 via it's WAN port so I can have 5GHz Wi-Fi and I have not seen any speed drop from this setup.

Here are some of my speedtests:
@Espee
Hi
I am planning on signing up with home connect and Sadv 20/20

Would you mind answering these questions :

1) what ONT do they provide? Does it have a POTS / FXS port for analogue phone line for use with normal phones over the voip?

2) are you forced to use the tenda router? If I plug straight from the ONT to my own Asus routers WAN and leave the tenda in the box or don't even get one, will that be fine?
3) are you happy with the service?
Thank you!

orin76

Expert Member
@Espee
Hi
I am planning on signing up with home connect and Sadv 20/20

Would you mind answering these questions :

1) what ONT do they provide? Does it have a POTS / FXS port for analogue phone line for use with normal phones over the voip?

2) are you forced to use the tenda router? If I plug straight from the ONT to my own Asus routers WAN and leave the tenda in the box or don't even get one, will that be fine?
3) are you happy with the service?
Thank you!
I've been on the 100/10 package for about a month now. I don't know about the ONT but you are not obliged to use their router. I was able to use my Huawei B315 while awaiting for the Tenda router to arrive.

Edit: I am happy with the service so far. Had slow speeds yesterday. Logged a ticket on the site at about 7h30 this morning and received a call shortly after 08h00. The problem turned out to be on the frogfoot side and I was back at full speed by 15h00. All in all I received 3 phone calls updating me on progress. Very impressed with the response and communication.

HaNsA

Expert Member
Thanks
Has anyone added this on to their package, interested in any feedback about the service

Voice Packages - Home-Connect
TalkTalk All You Can Eat Voice Add on R278. 00 per month. Free unlimited calls to all local landline and mobile operators

chefdude98

Expert Member
They really need a rep here.

Their twitter doesnt seem to have many posts either.

Their customers are either really happy or they are still growing.

blunt

Expert Member
Got my parents live on HC today (10/10 Frogfoot), so far so good. Pings are just as good as mine on CI (50/50 MTN). Early days but so far so good.

carl.heymann

Hi all

I have been on Home Connect and SADV since August last year. It was a bit of a mission to get the install done, but once that was everything has been fine. I am on 50/50, never have any speed issues. There are other users in the estate also on Home Connect who are also very happy.

I also use my own Mikrotik that is connected to their ONT.

Last edited:

blunt

Expert Member
Hi all

I have been on Home Connect and SADV since August last year. It was a bit of a mission to get the install done, but once that was everything has been fine. I am on 50/50, never have any speed issues. There are other users in the estate also on Home Connect who are also very happy.

I also use my own Mikrotik that is connected to their ONT.
Is it a hard capped 50/50 or does it burst higher?

blunt

Expert Member