Home Connecta Flexi

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Good and evil gods in the heavens and hell and sheol and the cavernous pits of gehinnom. This fokken company just does not care. I'm getting Rain level of speeds. Buggerit.

I see they are laying fibre cables in my area. I need that fibre as I have been suffering from network constipation for years. The next couple of months I will be anxiously awaiting to be connected... ATM I think anything will be better than this wreck of disaster that I'm on.

Fokkit, man.

This does seem to be a hit and miss product. Luckily it's a pre-paid system, so we can simply walk away if service sucks.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yesterday the tower went down and when it came back online it was slow as hell. A GOG download was crawling along at 1mb/s after midnight, mostly under that. Looked very much like throttling.

mulen

Hello.
Will this package still be offered past 30 Sept?
I've been loving the 1TB package for 60days.

Gudnews

Expert Member
Hello.
Will this package still be offered past 30 Sept?
I've been loving the 1TB package for 60days.
If I'm reading the tea leaves properly, the prepaid is a promo to get you to take the plunge on the 24 month contract.

Swa

Honorary Master
If I'm reading the tea leaves properly, the prepaid is a promo to get you to take the plunge on the 24 month contract.
With the unpredictability of this it would be foolish for anybody to take out a contract. The only way Cell C can sell this is on prepaid where you can leave and I bet this was to test the waters and see what the uptake and churn is as their contracts didn't sell.

Swa

Honorary Master
Anybody able to access the detailed usage page? It just keeps hanging on the C for me.

Gudnews

Expert Member
With the unpredictability of this it would be foolish for anybody to take out a contract. The only way Cell C can sell this is on prepaid where you can leave and I bet this was to test the waters and see what the uptake and churn is as their contracts didn't sell.
It would be interesting to see the uptake on contract vs prepaid. I'd tweak the contract offer to skew more towards anytime data - 70-30 split would be nice. MTN last year offered 50GB for R199 on Black Friday and I can see them offering it again this year. Forced to choose between the two I'd go with MTN.

Last edited:

b3ta

Hi there,

Please forward us the form to sm@cellc.co.za and we will assist you.

Once you have sent it, please confirm your email address via PM.

^NZ

Please help: getting my first unrestricted SIM (to support my 93-year-old father remotely) took a month to get done. Now I am trying the same for my own account, and it's again almost a month.

Repeated requests for updates get zero reply.

What am I supposed to do? The price is great and where I am I get an OK signal, but I really should not struggle this much to get the service activated which I need.

(-‸ლ)

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi,

We apologize for the delay, kindly note that a follow up request has been sent, do expect feedback.

^PN

Swa

Honorary Master
I still can't access the detailed usage page and it's not like I'm on a very old Vivaldi version. It should be working for me if it's working at all.

BCR

Expert Member
I still can't access the detailed usage page and it's not like I'm on a very old Vivaldi version. It should be working for me if it's working at all.

This morning, as well it seems, their website is crud (on Firefox v. 91.0 - latest version, I think).
I logged in, and it logged me out when I tried checking on even a summary of Usage - reminds me of Telkom's website. Tried logging in again & it attempted going back to the Usage page, but it just hung.

The summary & detailed Usage is working fine in their app, so suggest you download & use that instead ; hasn't failed me once since starting to use it a month ago.

Screenshot taken this morning :

Cell C data available  27Aug2021.png

Swa

Honorary Master
This morning, as well it seems, their website is crud (on Firefox v. 91.0 - latest version, I think).
I logged in, and it logged me out when I tried checking on even a summary of Usage - reminds me of Telkom's website. Tried logging in again & it attempted going back to the Usage page, but it just hung.

The summary & detailed Usage is working fine in their app, so suggest you download & use that instead ; hasn't failed me once since starting to use it a month ago.

Screenshot taken this morning :

View attachment 1134948
That's exactly what I'm getting. The summary works fine for me but when clicking on detailed usage it hangs.

BCR

Expert Member
@Cell_C - can you advise on some things concerning the following T&C in your co. PDF I downloaded :

"The Home Connecta Flexi bundles will be available as a promotion from 27 March 2021 until 30
September 2021
."

Shortly after the 30th August, I'm due to load another 50GB + 50GB bundle (as current one's expiring then).
On this new bundle, will any carry over data still be available to me after the 30th Sept. (ie. after only 30 days approx.), seeing as the bundle was loaded before that date ?

If that's the case (ie. true), then presumably another (50 + 50) bundle loaded on the 30th Sept. will last for a further 2 months & be valid until approx the 30th November ?

I want to ascertain whether the R200 airtime voucher I've just purchased, will cover 60 days Cell C data, or if it must be used up by the 30th Sept., and thereafter, whether there's any point in loading another bundle just before the Flexi bundle promo's due to come to an end ?

Finally for now, will Cell C provide MyBroadband with info. to do an article on the future of the Home Connecta Flexi product, and what it'll be replaced with ? .... or is there a chance it'll be extended, and if so, for how long ?

I, and I presume others await your reply on all the above with keen interest.

username and 23 others

Tried everything with the CellC guys, to no avail. I've been ghosted by them, by the look of things. They just do not care. Similar modus operandi to Rain.

BCR

Expert Member
@Cell_C Can you please confirm the night data times for both prepaid and contract.

@Gudnews - from some brief testing I've done recently on prepaid (ie. downloads of mp3's / mp4's / YouTube vids. from within the YT app., which all consume data quickly), I can confirm that between 12 midnight & 1am, data is deducted from the "LTE Power Plan" (otherwise known as "Anytime data" in other places).

From similar types of downloads done slightly after 5am until about 5h35am, data was taken from the "LTE Nite" allocation.

The above therefore agrees to point # 18 of their Home Connecta Flexi T's & C's PDF which states : ".... Nite data is applicable for use from 00:00 to 04:59:59 daily."

This doesn't however answer why @Cell_C chooses to only selectively answer questions in this sub-forum ; I'm still waiting for a reply to some Q's posted after yours, about the future of this product after the end of this month.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
@Gudnews - from some brief testing I've done recently on prepaid (ie. downloads of mp3's / mp4's / YouTube vids. from within the YT app., which all consume data quickly), I can confirm that between 12 midnight & 1am, data is deducted from the "LTE Power Plan" (otherwise known as "Anytime data" in other places).

From similar types of downloads done slightly after 5am until about 5h35am, data was taken from the "LTE Nite" allocation.

The above therefore agrees to point # 18 of their Home Connecta Flexi T's & C's PDF which states : ".... Nite data is applicable for use from 00:00 to 04:59:59 daily."

This doesn't however answer why @Cell_C chooses to only selectively answer questions in this sub-forum ; I'm still waiting for a reply to some Q's posted after yours, about the future of this product after the end of this month.
Good day

Kindly send us a PM with the Cell C number in question so we can investigate and assist with your query.

^NZ

BCR

Expert Member
Good day

Kindly send us a PM with the Cell C number in question so we can investigate and assist with your query.

^NZ

It doesn't relate to my cell # alone, but to the product as a whole on offer, from which all can benefit getting additional info. on.

This is the link to the post I'm referring to, in case you're unsure :

NoLuck Chuck

I've been struggling with CellC (non) technical support over the past couple of days regarding constant disconnections. It was even suggested that my router was faulty... laughable... Reading this forum was VERY informative... thanks MyBB forumites.
I'll be looking at alternative LTE products come end of the month. My current usage is about 300-400Gb/month. Does anyone know about an affordable alternative?