Home Connecta Flexi

BCR

Expert Member
Used this SIM for the past 6 months, this Sunday around 00:00 it died on me. Now am hesitant on buying the 1TB deal on the 25th.

As others have stated, a Cell C shop will sort it out.

Two & a half months ago I loaded a 100GB bundle (after converting R199 airtime on a phone), and the SIM died immediately (red light on router) ; thought I'd lost R199 outright. A Cell C outlet loaded the entire bundle to a new SIM, for a fee of R11 - was relieved though, that I'd not lost the R199 value / 100GB of data.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

Please PM us your network challenges and contact details. One of our Consultants will contact you and assist.

^SM

NoLuck Chuck

After 200gb, your speed is reduced to 1mbs. Read their T's & C's. What can you do with 1mbs?
Thanks for info ...so this wouldn't work for me then...bummer
Also consider Telkom 1TB deals which is a month to month contract. Many forumites have given it a good review but its important to check their network first. https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/telkom-1tb-feedback-thread.1103691/
Think you meant to reply to @NoLuck Chuck instead of me ? ... as he's the one looking to change, not me.
No harm.

But by the sounds of it, I don't think he's after signing up with Telkom directly / entering into any contract directly with them (just like myself), but he'd have to confirm that fact.
The 1TB deal would've been ideal as I only need it for approx. 3 months, but I am reluctant to sign any contract with Telkom...don't want a situation where I am unable to cancel when the time comes.

NoLuck Chuck

Good day

Please PM us your network challenges and contact details. One of our Consultants will contact you and assist.

^SM
Another generic response.
Consultants cannot sort out network issues.
You need a network team of COMPETENT engineers to sort this out.
Something it seems you do not have.

username and 23 others

How is it that network operators can get away with wanton impunity when it comes to the needs of their clients (the very reason for their existence)? We have no recourse. These guys whose "valuation" and "investments into the economy" is trumpeted up to heaven where they can just dump feces on their customers' heads from their lofty heights with no consequences.

We get no service. No refunds. Data that expires. Throttled at our necks until we can't breathe. Fok them. Fok them to hell and all their fokken employees. These moneys that we use to buy their "products" does not grow on trees. It's our blood, sweat and tears. They're worse then our glorious overlords in government. We expect better from the private sector. Even a little better will go a long way. We rather prop up company executives who "contributes" millions to SARS. Look at all their investments for the future of telecoms! We tested their networks with massive and impressive results!

Fok all of them.

Swa

Honorary Master
@Gudnews - from some brief testing I've done recently on prepaid (ie. downloads of mp3's / mp4's / YouTube vids. from within the YT app., which all consume data quickly), I can confirm that between 12 midnight & 1am, data is deducted from the "LTE Power Plan" (otherwise known as "Anytime data" in other places).

From similar types of downloads done slightly after 5am until about 5h35am, data was taken from the "LTE Nite" allocation.

The above therefore agrees to point # 18 of their Home Connecta Flexi T's & C's PDF which states : ".... Nite data is applicable for use from 00:00 to 04:59:59 daily."

This doesn't however answer why @Cell_C chooses to only selectively answer questions in this sub-forum ; I'm still waiting for a reply to some Q's posted after yours, about the future of this product after the end of this month.
I can confirm doing downloads that it counts as regular data from 5am. But yes, strange how they don't answers these service related questions and it took 5 months to confirm this.

Just get another sim?
It shouldn't happen and it's only happening with this product. In 23 years I've never had a sim fail on me and this isn't the sim itself btw. They need to sort this out.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
It shouldn't happen and it's only happening with this product. In 23 years I've never had a sim fail on me and this isn't the sim itself btw. They need to sort this out.
It fixed his problem...

dinno

So cell c went out today sometime after 00:00
0ed3cd3b7b739e9fe92be8e1e5bd03e3.jpg

f9cb3b5af101ad1739908edd8d130fe2.jpg

be78865322b873d2b36588afabd940f9.jpg

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

Does the issue still persist?

^SM

Gudnews

Expert Member
1TB expiring 29 September. Will be buying then and valid for 60 days afterwards, and hoping this offer will be extended after 30 September as this is/was the original offering from CellC.
That would be a wonderful surprise. I'd strongly consider taking the contract offer though if push came to shove. Bundles still last 60 days. And I'm not sure Black Friday will bring better value elsewhere.