Home Connecta Flexi

BCR

Expert Member
The first one is free .
If I try it in the app. - Services - Data Bundle Rollover - with no airtime loaded, it states :

"You do not have any active data bundles to extend. - far as I know, I do - part of the original 50 + 50 I bought & loaded. You can purchase data bundles via the Buy section of the app."

That's why it's confusing :unsure:

@Cell_C- More explanation required as to how rollover in my real-life example given above, can work?

I've read the points in the link you pasted on" rollovers", but they don't help with the 1x free option.

Last edited:

zubair17109

If I try it in the app. - Services - Data Bundle Rollover - with no airtime loaded, it states :

"You do not have any active data bundles to extend. - far as I know, I do - part of the original 50 + 50 I bought & loaded. You can purchase data bundles via the Buy section of the app."

That's why it's confusing :unsure:
How long till the bundle expires

BCR

Expert Member
How long till the bundle expires
Mentioned in my post, above :

"I currently have around 40 GB (20 + 20) left of 100 GB which will expire on the 8th Nov. (midnight of the 7th, I presume)."

Possible this only applies to bundles bought since they announced this rollover change ?

Swa

Honorary Master
Ja, nee - what I want to know is how much you need to spend in order to extend by 1, 7 or 30 days ?
Don't see that in the T's & C's.

So, you load R5 airtime & get to choose between 1, 7 or 30 days, or only if you spend considerably more, is 30 days optional when you attempt to rollover ?

I currently have around 40 GB (20 + 20) left of 100 GB which will expire on the 8th Nov. (midnight of the 7th, I presume). If I get to rollover up to 10 + 10 after that, it'll be worth loading more airtime value, but how much is the question, or is it really that flexible ? ... load whatever value you want to ?

... and can one load the airtime sooner than midnight of the 7th Nov. (in the eg. given), or must one wait until that last day to load it & put the rollover into affect ?
(S)He claims that it can be extended once for free. However that still doesn't answer my question how far ahead of time I can extend it. I'd hate for it to be only on the last day and then I forget to do it.

BCR

Expert Member
(S)He claims that it can be extended once for free. However that still doesn't answer my question how far ahead of time I can extend it. I'd hate for it to be only on the last day and then I forget to do it.
I can't even get that 1x free try working out ; not that I mind buying some airtime to do it, but if it fails that way then I'm no nearer to understanding how the process really works (along with everyone else?).

Just set a reminder in your calendar app / an event in Google calendar for that last day, but note the expiry date I'm pretty sure is by midnight of the day before.

Swa

Honorary Master
I can't even get that 1x free try working out ; not that I mind buying some airtime to do it, but if it fails that way then I'm no nearer to understanding how the process really works (along with everyone else?).

Just set a reminder in your calendar app / an event in Google calendar for that last day, but note the expiry date I'm pretty sure is by midnight of the day before.
Yeah the expiry date is the date on which it expires not the last day which you can use it.

Jake45

Expert Member
Mentioned in my post, above :

"I currently have around 40 GB (20 + 20) left of 100 GB which will expire on the 8th Nov. (midnight of the 7th, I presume)."

Possible this only applies to bundles bought since they announced this rollover change ?
I'm guessing that the rollover extension only applies to the HCF bundles that have been bought after the 8th October. The bundle that I bought on the 8th October appears to be active up until the 8th of December.

This rollover option seems to be completely unnecessary but I'm guessing that Cell C are planning to start charging for it in February 2022. I am really hoping that Afrihost lower the prices of their Pure LTE bundles very soon just in case Cell C decide to increase the prices of their HCF bundles or change the 60 day expiry date to 30 days with a rollover charge.

BCR

Expert Member
I'm guessing that the rollover extension only applies to the HCF bundles that have been bought after the 8th October. The bundle that I bought on the 8th October appears to be active up until the 8th of December.

This rollover option seems to be completely unnecessary but I'm guessing that Cell C are planning to start charging for it in February 2022. I am really hoping that Afrihost lower the prices of their Pure LTE bundles very soon just in case Cell C decide to increase the prices of their HCF bundles or change the 60 day expiry date to 30 days with a rollover charge.
I reckon I must just use up what I have on this Cell C Flexi by the end of the 7th Nov., then.

As I'll primarily be using Axxess / Telkom LTE from next month, will just buy a 5 + 5 Cell C to be able to transfer 1GB across to cellular SIM each month, but if their terms become too overbearing, then I can personally just switch to a bit of Telkom LTE directly, getting a 3 + 3 GB for R49pm (I think, but there's no rollover on that ; that's why for now, Cell C is the better option, on those lower packages).

Btw, Afrihost recently adjusted their Telkom LTE bundle prices - I've posted about it, elsewhere - but Axxess' are even better ; that's why sticking with them for now.
Don't know exactly which Afri. bundles you're referring to ? ... the MTN ones, or the actual mobile one's for smartphones (those low data / relatively high cost ones) ?

Jake45

Expert Member
@BayCityRoller: Many thanks for your post concerning the Telkom LTE price reductions on Axxess. I was not aware that the prices had changed until I saw your post several days ago. In the past I haven't had good speeds on Telkom but the Axxess Telkom bundles are cheaper than the Afrihost/MTN Pure Fixed LTE bundles.

I am hoping that Afrihost can leverage some better pricing from MTN as their Pure LTE bundles are considerably more expensive than the consumer MTN Home WiFi bundles which is surprising considering Afrihost's large customer base. MTN is offering 120GB (70GB?+50GB) of data per month for R199 on a 24 month SIM only contract versus 60GB (30GB+30GB) for R199pm from Afrihost. The 200GB (125GB?+75GB) MHW bundle sells for R299pm on a month to month contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCR

Swa

Honorary Master
@BayCityRoller: Many thanks for your post concerning the Telkom LTE price reductions on Axxess. I was not aware that the prices had changed until I saw your post several days ago. In the past I haven't had good speeds on Telkom but the Axxess Telkom bundles are cheaper than the Afrihost/MTN Pure Fixed LTE bundles.

I am hoping that Afrihost can leverage some better pricing from MTN as their Pure LTE bundles are considerably more expensive than the consumer MTN Home WiFi bundles which is surprising considering Afrihost's large customer base. MTN is offering 120GB (70GB?+50GB) of data per month for R199 on a 24 month SIM only contract versus 60GB (30GB+30GB) for R199pm from Afrihost. The 200GB (125GB?+75GB) MHW bundle sells for R299pm on a month to month contract.
The issue I have with the MTN bundles are that they only work with specific bundles and I'm not sure but may be tower locked as well.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi fam

You can extend the validity period for a further 30 days with Data Rollover service. If you choose not to use the rollover service, the unused data will be forfeited. Dial *147# > My Account > Data Bundle Rollover. The Roll over will be available five days before expiry date.

^NT

Swa

Honorary Master
Hi fam

You can extend the validity period for a further 30 days with Data Rollover service. If you choose not to use the rollover service, the unused data will be forfeited. Dial *147# > My Account > Data Bundle Rollover. The Roll over will be available five days before expiry date.

^NT
Thanks

joshuatree

Expert Member
When is CellC moving over to MTN in the Western Cape, and switching off their equipment?

Still getting good speeds, and want to know what I am on and when.

Reactions: Swa

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
When is CellC moving over to MTN in the Western Cape, and switching off their equipment?

Still getting good speeds, and want to know what I am on and when.
I think parts is done, think eta was finish by year end. You will know know you switched over when speeds drop hehe

BCR

Expert Member
I can confirm the data rollover worked for both Anytime & Night data - an extra 30 days.

I wasn't sure how much airtime to load, so bought a R150 & R50 airtime voucher.

Loaded the R50 in a spare smartphone (to my Home Connecta SIM) & at first used USSD *147# to try the rollovers, via My Account.

The system confirmed both would be done but after I'd put the SIM back into the router & checked via the app on my main phone, expiry date was still 2 or so days away.

Then tried data rollover via the app & it worked ; see screenshot for one of the two options.

The R50 airtime I charged with is still in place for later use. Screenshot_2021-11-05-10-55-57-665_com.app.cellc.jpg Screenshot_2021-11-05-10-56-20-485_com.app.cellc.jpg

BCR

Expert Member
The end result, having rolled data over for an additional 30 days that was previously valid for "only" 60 .. Screenshot_2021-11-05-11-17-23-470_com.app.cellc.jpg

BCR

Expert Member
Bear with me. So the costs how much?
Cost me R50 altogether ; I don't know what the absolute minimum is, because of Cell C's wording used in the Rollover Ts & Cs pdf - they don't state how much airtime one needs to load, just that it needs to be sufficient (not exact word used, but similar).

EDIT - the other R150 voucher I'll either put towards a new 50 + 50 GB data package at a later stage, or will be used to buy a voice package in a completely separate phone (240 minutes for R99), so it won't go to waste.

Last edited: