Home Connecta Flexi

username and 23 others

Nee fok man, CellC.

Here's a better way to make money:
- Curb stomp Home Connecta Flexi.
- Employees burn down all your stores.
- ???
- Profit.

Julle is foken skelms wat bloedgeld van julle customers opslurp.

chakniks

Why when use Vpn speed goes up to 15mb
I am not sure why you would be experiencing this. I can 4k stream without a VPN on my end.

I would think they actually want people to consume data at the fastest rate so that they can top up and make more money.

Let's see if others are experiencing the same thing you are

Crumbl0x

Why when use Vpn speed goes up to 15mb
Can be numerous reasons:

+ Depending on the server selected, the introduced packet latency can throw the speed calculation algorithm off a bit which sometimes shows a higher speed briefly / over time.

+ The original servers selected were slow.

+ The tower(s) were more congested at the time.

+ QoS throttling is in effect (least likely but I've personally noticed that in smaller areas I could sometimes push 100mbps on MTN over V2ray whereas I used to get averages of 30-50mbps.

Not to say your results are invalid but one shouldn't always jump to throttling as the reason, ISP's outside of rain rarely throttle for illegitimate reasons these days but it's not totally out of the question.

Ouballie2

Can be numerous reasons:

+ Depending on the server selected, the introduced packet latency can throw the speed calculation algorithm off a bit which sometimes shows a higher speed briefly / over time.

+ The original servers selected were slow.

+ The tower(s) were more congested at the time.

+ QoS throttling is in effect (least likely but I've personally noticed that in smaller areas I could sometimes push 100mbps on MTN over V2ray whereas I used to get averages of 30-50mbps.

Not to say your results are invalid but one shouldn't always jump to throttling as the reason, ISP's outside of rain rarely throttle for illegitimate reasons these days but it's not totally out of the question.
Mtn giving me around 25-30mb. Using Cell C CF - only 4-6.5mb using the same Mtn tower. Must be the anc.

username and 23 others

This is what's gonna happen when the big boys get their hands on the ridiculously expensive spectrum. Not cheaper data prices. Not faster speeds. They will lease out the spectrum to the smaller players and we will get what we get now.

We still have expiring (was this not supposed to be 'outlawed'?), expensive, throttled, capped data.

Fibre can't come soon enough... only for the whole foken thing to be repeated.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
There must be heavy congestion on the CellC towers where I stay because the speeds stay bad.

I also cannot roam on MTN towers. I have tried with 2 phones and my B618 router.

vtwerner

There must be heavy congestion on the CellC towers where I stay because the speeds stay bad.

I also cannot roam on MTN towers. I have tried with 2 phones and my B618 router.

I'm experiencing the same. Can't seem to get more than 6Mbps. My MTN sim gets 31Mbps. Should've known it was too good to be true.

Ouballie2

Way to go.

RSRSP - 106 - weak
RSRQ - 16 - also weak
No wonder the speed is so pathetic.

lotus123

Hi there

You need to change your network settings to Automatic Network Selection, then switch on your Data Roaming. Once you're done, then you reboot.

^MP
I tried this with my Samsung J5 Dual sim phone, but it doesn't connect.

The odd thing is that the normal CellC sim in the phone shows an LTE connection (mostly), which makes me think the phone can support the LTE band okay.

The Connecta Flexi sim works in the HuaweiB315-22 router without a problem.

Any other solutions?

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Have you tried: dialing: *147# > My Account > Change tariff > Home Connector Flexi..
My existing prepaid sim has the option although I have not tried it yet.
I got a prepaid sim, changed the tariff, loaded a 10GB bundle and the sim is currently in my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but I have no internet access. Yes, data roaming is on, but it shows CellC at the top and I have checked the internet settings as well. What am I missing? @Cell_C

Edit: I am testing currently in Midrand, so I would assume it is not coverage.

Edit again: Inserted the sim into my B618...
11217996616.png

Last edited:

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I tried this with my Samsung J5 Dual sim phone, but it doesn't connect.

The odd thing is that the normal CellC sim in the phone shows an LTE connection (mostly), which makes me think the phone can support the LTE band okay.

The Connecta Flexi sim works in the HuaweiB315-22 router without a problem.

Any other solutions?
Hi there

Please PM us the number in question, and your physical address.

^MP

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi
I got a prepaid sim, changed the tariff, loaded a 10GB bundle and the sim is currently in my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but I have no internet access. Yes, data roaming is on, but it shows CellC at the top and I have checked the internet settings as well. What am I missing? @Cell_C

Edit: I am testing currently in Midrand, so I would assume it is not coverage.

Edit again: Inserted the sim into my B618...
11217996616.png
Hi there

Please PM us the number you're experiencing this issue on.

^MP