Hostage drama at Johan Heyns Clinic

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
VANDERBIJLPARK. – Two wrongs don’t make a right but employees of a non-government organisation (NGO) skipped their immediate payers and held three managers at Johan Heyns Community Health Clinic hostage to claim their promised increase.

This follows after the employees complained that they had not been paid for the past two months after being promised an increase of R1 000. On July 9 they took the hostages and demonstrated in a corridor near their workplace. The hostages, coordinator of the Extended Public Works Programme (EPWP), the deputy director and a senior Human Resources official, were forced to sit on the icy floor for hours.

They were told they would not be released until the protesters’ demands were met.
Read More...
http://sedibengster.com/14889/hostage-drama-johan-heyns-clinic/
https://southerncourier.co.za/lnn/447180/hostage-drama-at-johan-heyns-clinic

Bewlen

So basically, terrorism and hostage-taking is dismissed in SA with a shake of the head and a "hau"....?

Sly21C

Expert Member
Some French Tyre company union members (and employees of that company) held their manager hostage during the 2008 financial crisis, so I guess we can rule out that "this is Africa" narrative.

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Some French Tyre company union members (and employees of that company) held their manager hostage during the 2008 financial crisis, so I guess we can rule out that "this is Africa" narrative.
That racial chip on your shoulder is going to give you Scoliosis.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
But you see, in Europe this happen fairly seldom while in South Africa, hostage taking is a national sport :D
Europe has a population 10x higher than South Africa. One will expect a 10x higher incidence rate yet you had to go back 10y to find something which will substantiate your agenda. #SoSad

Sly21C

Expert Member
But you see, in Europe this happen fairly seldom while in South Africa, hostage taking is a national sport :D
Europe has a population 10x higher than South Africa. One will expect a 10x higher incidence rate yet you had to go back 10y to find something which will substantiate your agenda. #SoSad
If workers are promised something about payment, and those promises are not honored 10x more than in Europe, then you'll get 10x more hostage dramas in SA. Which reminds me, my boss must taken hostage also ......