Hosting a Teamspeak Server

OutsiderZA

I'm looking at running my own Teamspeak server, but since I'm currently renting a TS server from gameservers.com, I'll need to figure out exactly how to do this. I'm probably going to have to look at renting a server somewhere and go from there. I don't think the setup of the server will be a problem since there are tuturials everywhere. Has anyone here done this before and if so, are there certain things I need to look at before doing this? Also, where would be the best to rent a server from?

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
I'm looking at running my own Teamspeak server, but since I'm currently renting a TS server from gameservers.com, I'll need to figure out exactly how to do this. I'm probably going to have to look at renting a server somewhere and go from there. I don't think the setup of the server will be a problem since there are tuturials everywhere. Has anyone here done this before and if so, are there certain things I need to look at before doing this? Also, where would be the best to rent a server from?
Set up server details
Forward ports
Get external IP
Start TS server
Forward external IP to friends

All I needed to do.

adam_g

If you planning on making it public then get yourself a vps 1 core 512 ram is plenty.
I use ubuntu 16 for the OS
Free teamspeak server is 32 slots you can try apply for a non profit license otherwise you need to buy the license if you get more then 32 players