Hosting for iBurst subscribers

rudids

This is not advertising as such but rather an offer as such to struggling iBurst forum users.

I have noticed that a number of you have been asking about static IP's so that you can host your own services. Now iBurst asking R199 for a static IP I think is ridiculous, needless to say their service is way to unstable to be able to even consider hosting over it, so...

My offer:

» No set-up fee
» Un-metered bandwidth
» 150 MB disk space
» 10 mailboxes
» PHP
» 1 Database (MySQL)
» Virus scanning
» Spam filtering (SpamAssassin)

Price = R49.99pm (Only valid for iBurst subscribers)

Please only positive comments. If this is against forum rules then just lemme know and I'll pull the post down.

Ciao

rudids

vowthorn said:
thats not bad... suppose you dont offer windows servers?

Nope, hate windows for a production environment. Why do u need it? ASP? If so I have a possible solution. :D

slimothy

Banned
where... is.... this... hosting.... service
are people just sposed to pM you?

rudids

slimothy said:
where... is.... this... hosting.... service
are people just sposed to pM you?

Yip just PM me. If you have your own domain we need to just send an update through, I'll organise the nameservers. If you need a new domain Ill organise that for you (R150 Uniforum mandatory cost).

Once the domain story is sorted out you will have your FTP login details e-mailed to you. First payment only due month after you start. So as to ensure that I am not trying to run off with anyone's cash.

Furthermore, server sits in the States on a super quick line, in case anyone was wondering.

rudids

vowthorn said:
only 150Mb space
I wouldnt mind about 2Gb

wouldn't we all? :) But we can negotiate the space issue. What are you going to do with 2Gb?

nocilah

Banned
I run a site that archives music that has been sent to it. Almost like a netlabel... All music is legal and sent by the musicians. Mainly foreigners... not such a big scene here in SA

slimothy

Banned
its not about space, space is cheap especially in the states and i'm sure rudids would negotiate price for 2GB however one thing I havent seen is whats the monthly bandwith limit

rudids

vowthorn said:
I run a site that archives music that has been sent to it. Almost like a netlabel... All music is legal and sent by the musicians. Mainly foreigners... not such a big scene here in SA

Can easily make a plan. Have ideas I can integrate into that. PM me your email addy and Ill get in touch. :)

rudids

slimothy said:
its not about space, space is cheap especially in the states and i'm sure rudids would negotiate price for 2GB however one thing I havent seen is whats the monthly bandwith limit

Un-metered. Meaning, as much as you want. Provided you don't go totally overboard. Im generally happy as long as people don't use more than 25Gbs per month of traffic. :D Which is generous Im my opinion.

rudids

slimothy said:
and how much for a shell :)

I presume ur asking for an SSH login? If so we do not allow SSH logins. All your database stuff is purely out of PHPMyAdmin. We could make a plan but you would have to justify why.