Hot 91.9 FM fires DJ Sasha Martinengo for calling Malema a monkey

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
**back
no takers ?
I think it'd been explained many times. In this thread , and many others preceding it. Yet, people plead ignorance every time.

Maybe should ask yourself why they make monkey sounds and throw bananas on the pitch only for a black player? This is not a new thing, but had been going on for decades. The players tried to ignore it for years, but it persisted and only when punishments were being meted out to teams whose fans were responsible.

Then work backwards from there , and do a bit of reading (history, Google) and maybe you'll eventually figure it out once you overcome your willful ignorance.

As for me, I'm just waiting for another incident like this to occur so I can point and laugh at the next idiot who lacks the self control to be able to resist the temptation to call a black person an ape or a monkey.

biometrics

Honorary Master
I think it'd been explained many times. In this thread , and many others preceding it. Yet, people plead ignorance every time.

Maybe should ask yourself why they make monkey sounds and throw bananas on the pitch only for a black player? This is not a new thing, but had been going on for decades. The players tried to ignore it for years, but it persisted and only when punishments were being meted out to teams whose fans were responsible.

Then work backwards from there , and do a bit of reading (history, Google) and maybe you'll eventually figure it out once you overcome your willful ignorance.

As for me, I'm just waiting for another incident like this to occur so I can point and laugh at the next idiot who lacks the self control to be able to resist the temptation to call a black person an ape or a monkey.

So English soccer behavior has anything to do with us in SA?!

ponder

Honorary Master

I get where you are coming from 100% but do you honestly think all monkey references are racist?

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
So English soccer behavior has anything to do with us in SA?!
That is just a clear example of a historical and current example of people associating black people with monkeys. One of many that have existed over time....largely directed from and to the same population groups.

As said in my post, you can ignore it at your own peril.

biometrics

Honorary Master
That is just a clear example of a historical and current example of people associating black people with monkeys. One of many that have existed over time....largely directed from and to the same population groups.

As said in my post, you can ignore it at your own peril.
From the context of my life, you are talking nonsense. But I have taken note of the hysteria.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I get where you are coming from 100% but do you honestly think all monkey references are racist?
Is that relevant? Are all k and n word references racist? But we have trained ourselves not to use them (some of us , anyway).

And before you go back the same BS story about a gazillion words being "off limit", there aren't. Most of us are able to cope with getting our points across without resorting to something that is known to be insulting

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
From the context of my life, you are talking nonsense. But I have taken note of the hysteria.
Not everything is about me or you. There are things that have a historical context that extend beyond our personal experiences, but we still recognise.

But willful ignorance seems to be a thing nowadays.

Grant

Honorary Master

mcpanji
i expected better effort from you than the hogwash you presented above.
you speak of working backwards - terms like "monkeying around", "monkey business", "acting like monkeys" etc etc have been used for god knows how long - without racial connotation.

again, your response still fails to really answer my question: why is it some black people are actually offended by the use of anything "monkey" related. do they actually see themselves resembling monkeys in behavior or appearance - how is this possible.
given this, allow me to present 2 of many back people i find rather "aesthetically appealing" - chad moss & our own lunga shabalala:
chad-moss.JPG
lunga shabalala.jpg
is it the hairy face, arms, legs and body, along with the tail that blew their cover ?

but now, let me use myself an example.
if someone called me a tired old faggot (which i am) - would i be offended ?
no, i wouldn't - but i'm certain there are other tired old faggots that would be - that is because of the element of truth contained in the statement.

if someone called me a nasty carpet munching lezzer, would i be offended.
again, no - and that is because the statement is so far from reality i am unable to even associate the statement with myself.
for my part i would see the person using such a statement as an utter moron.

for any self respecting black person to associate the term "monkey" with themselves would be bizarre, and should they somehow have any doubt, the simple use of a mirror should be able to dispel the notion with ease.
should doubt still remain, a few sessions of psychotherapy should put an end to it.

somehow, somewhere, in the distant past, someone was able make the monkey association and convince others to take offence to a myth.

i often look after a friend's 2 kids - especially during school holidays, and they have a friend from school who lives a few doors from me - a black girl.
frequently they would be mucking about in or around the pool and it would be time to get something to eat.
i would go outside to call them and be faced with a mess. my typical reaction would be to tell them they are like a bunch of monkeys - clean up the mess and get into the car. they usually laugh like crazy (like hyena's), clean up the schit and get into the car.
on one occasion the girl's mother was visiting and suggested we rather take them for bananas than pizza - again, met with fits of laughter.
the girl's mother suggesting we take the kids for bananas underscored the monkey-like behavior - zero to do with race.

it would appear we are trapped in a society peppered with individuals seeking self validation by means of virtue signaling to take offence at anything and everything, but specifically using the race card as the ace in the pack when in fact the joker was the right card to play.

ekske1

Executive Member
If your dignity is so fragile that it can be lost by someone calling you a name then your dignity is really not that important to you.
My thoughts when I listened to 702 when a learned-sounded lady phoned in saying the restoration of dignity trumps everything. Even a hungry person on that street; nay rename rather than feeding him.

However the other lady before her was just as much a joke trying make that into statue.

Both accounts a waste of money and as you say ' if no one is directly taking your dignity away then its you yourself who determines your own dignity and being offended '. (like this being worried about eating chocolate might endanger their spirituality; yes if it was that weak then sure)

Almost going 30 years now (?) and people still pass the buck for their insecurities and I am talking about both sides. Not just those crying about street names, statues, words or flags. We will never reach integration with neither side grown out of their petty primal selves, but I suppose this is the ingrained nature of it.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
mcpanji
i expected better effort from you than the hogwash you presented above.
you speak of working backwards - terms like "monkeying around", "monkey business", "acting like monkeys" etc etc have been used for god knows how long - without racial connotation.

again, your response still fails to really answer my question: why is it some black people are actually offended by the use of anything "monkey" related. do they actually see themselves resembling monkeys in behavior or appearance - how is this possible.
given this, allow me to present 2 of many back people i find rather "aesthetically appealing" - chad moss & our own lunga shabalala:
View attachment 562623
View attachment 562625
is it the hairy face, arms, legs and body, along with the tail that blew their cover ?

but now, let me use myself an example.
if someone called me a tired old faggot (which i am) - would i be offended ?
no, i wouldn't - but i'm certain there are other tired old faggots that would be - that is because of the element of truth contained in the statement.

if someone called me a nasty carpet munching lezzer, would i be offended.
again, no - and that is because the statement is so far from reality i am unable to even associate the statement with myself.
for my part i would see the person using such a statement as an utter moron.

for any self respecting black person to associate the term "monkey" with themselves would be bizarre, and should they somehow have any doubt, the simple use of a mirror should be able to dispel the notion with ease.
should doubt still remain, a few sessions of psychotherapy should put an end to it.

somehow, somewhere, in the distant past, someone was able make the monkey association and convince others to take offence to a myth.

i often look after a friend's 2 kids - especially during school holidays, and they have a friend from school who lives a few doors from me - a black girl.
frequently they would be mucking about in or around the pool and it would be time to get something to eat.
i would go outside to call them and be faced with a mess. my typical reaction would be to tell them they are like a bunch of monkeys - clean up the mess and get into the car. they usually laugh like crazy (like hyena's), clean up the schit and get into the car.
on one occasion the girl's mother was visiting and suggested we rather take them for bananas than pizza - again, met with fits of laughter.
the girl's mother suggesting we take the kids for bananas underscored the monkey-like behavior - zero to do with race.

it would appear we are trapped in a society peppered with individuals seeking self validation by means of virtue signaling to take offence at anything and everything, but specifically using the race card as the ace in the pack when in fact the joker was the right card to play.

/shrugs shoulders.

Point and laugh. That's what I'll be doing.

Solarion

Honorary Master
My thoughts when I listened to 702 when a learned-sounded lady phoned in saying the restoration of dignity trumps everything. Even a hungry person on that street; nay rename rather than feeding him.

However the other lady before her was just as much a joke trying make that into statue.

Both accounts a waste of money and as you say ' if no one is directly taking your dignity away then its you yourself who determines your own dignity and being offended '. (like this being worried about eating chocolate might endanger their spirituality; yes if it was that weak then sure)

Almost going 30 years now (?) and people still pass the buck for their insecurities and I am talking about both sides. Not just those crying about street names, statues, words or flags. We will never reach integration with neither side grown out of their petty primal selves, but I suppose this is the ingrained nature of it.

People in the world now are using race as currency to get/get away with just about anything. It's gone from wanting to restore the injustices of the past, to just plain cashing in on your skin color when it benefits you the most. Race politics + playing the victim is a great way to having everyone walking on egg shells around you.

ekske1

Executive Member
People in the world now are using race as currency to get/get away with just about anything. It's gone from wanting to restore the injustices of the past, to just plain cashing in on your skin color when it benefits you the most. Race politics + playing the victim is a great way to having everyone walking on egg shells around you.
Quite a easy fix: We need an Iron Lady and stop entertaining safe-paces/sjw.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

So important whilst your country is imploding. Why not focus on the real issues that actually make a difference??

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Is that relevant? Are all k and n word references racist? But we have trained ourselves not to use them (some of us , anyway).

And before you go back the same BS story about a gazillion words being "off limit", there aren't. Most of us are able to cope with getting our points across without resorting to something that is known to be insulting

Shame words are so terrible. Meanwhile this government is destroying your future because you are crying over words.

ponder

Honorary Master
/shrugs shoulders.

Point and laugh. That's what I'll be doing.

That's a really kuk response.

Remember that kid with the coolest monkey in the jungle shirt? His mom had no issue with it and knew what it was about yet stores got vandalized. There are black youtube personalities out there whith monkey in their nicknames (they chose) so if you refer to them as monkey is it also racist? You've lost the plot imho.