Hot 91.9 FM fires DJ Sasha Martinengo for calling Malema a monkey

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I've got all the music I ever want to listen to - all on usb for both my cars / house / gyrocopter / media player / laptop / cell phone / mp3 player.

not to mention a few Tb's of music video's for my LCD tv / car DVD player.

so no I have no need to listen to or stream radio - thanx
2008 called, they want their flash drives back.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Ag, by now, unless you've been living under a rock, we all know there's going to be shyt storm if a white calls a black a monkey. No sympathy from me.

ponder

Honorary Master
You don't stream radio? :unsure:

Easy way to discover the latest music.

Nope, rather crack the car window open a bit and listen to the wind noise. Radio is absolute crap with that mindless babble from presenters that will not only give you a headache but lower your iq as well.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Ag, by now, unless you've been living under a rock, we all know there's going to be shyt storm if a white calls a black a monkey. No sympathy from me.
The irony being that the (far)left gets a massive kick out of the ability to ban/restrict/etc the noises people can make with their faces. How progressive. Perhaps we are more primate than originally believed.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it in the racist way, which is pretty stupid in the first place. Is everyone forgetting we all evolved from apes and technically still are?
I also liked his morning show on 91.9, not sure who they will replace him with.

If we evolved from apes, then why are they still here.... :laugh:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
snowflakes everywhere.
No, they are not everywhere. They are but a very few that have the ability to generate noise and get those with amplifiers to make their noises louder, to the point that larger society started self-policing in order to avoid their metaphorical ears from bring hurt. Consequently the snowflakes have had to find more and more things to get melted over; what puzzles me is why they are being tolerated to the extent that they are.

It is a matter of time when the snowflakes start going after each other.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
I've got all the music I ever want to listen to - all on usb for both my cars / house / gyrocopter / media player / laptop / cell phone / mp3 player.

not to mention a few Tb's of music video's for my LCD tv / car DVD player.

so no I have no need to listen to or stream radio - thanx

Nope, rather crack the car window open a bit and listen to the wind noise. Radio is absolute crap with that mindless babble from presenters that will not only give you a headache but lower your iq as well.

Pfft, old people. :p:D

ProfA

Honorary Master
Very sad day when radio presenters should start "watching what they say".

LCBXX

Honorary Master
sure at some point it will even be considered illegal to refer to monkeys.
unless your specifically at a zoo,
What if Malema visits a zoo? Or a sanctuary for primates? I suppose it would be quiet day for the mainstream media media.

ProfA

Honorary Master
Didnt Malema say that Helen Zille danced like a monkey?
Yes. He did. I don't think I need to spell out why it's cool for him to do it though. Same reason that lady went to jail and another lady got a massive fine and same reason another guy cannot enter South Africa anymore.

Nick333

Honorary Master
The irony being that the (far)left gets a massive kick out of the ability to ban/restrict/etc the noises people can make with their faces. How progressive. Perhaps we are more primate than originally believed.
Ja, listen we're living in fuccking Lala Land for sure. 60% of the population need big daddy gubs to protect them from bad words while being allowed to spew forth whatever nonsense crosses their minds, but at the end of the day calling a black person (evil p.o.s. that he may be) a monkey is going to cost you your job or worse. Don't stick your finger in a mouse trap and expect me to kiss it better.

Maybe if he'd done this as a protest I'd have some sympathy, but even then it'd be pissing against the wind, so meh. I'm a free speech absolutist, but we have far bigger problems than our right to call people monkeys.