Hot 91.9 FM fires DJ Sasha Martinengo for calling Malema a monkey

ProfA

Honorary Master
Ja, listen we're living in fuccking Lala Land for sure. 60% of the population need big daddy gubs to protect them from bad words while being allowed to spew forth whatever nonsense crosses their minds, but at the end of the day calling a black person (evil p.o.s. that he may be) a monkey is going to cost you your job or worse. Don't stick your finger in a mouse trap and expect me to kiss it better.

Maybe if he'd done this as a protest I'd have some sympathy, but even then it'd be pissing against the wind, so meh. I'm a free speech absolutist, but we have far bigger problems than our right to call people monkeys.

Freedom of speech being outlawed is a pre-cursor to all the "bigger problems".

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Ja, listen we're living in fuccking Lala Land for sure. 60% of the population need big daddy gubs to protect them from bad words while being allowed to spew forth whatever nonsense crosses their minds, but at the end of the day calling a black person (evil p.o.s. that he may be) a monkey is going to cost you your job or worse. Don't stick your finger in a mouse trap and expect me to kiss it better.

Maybe if he'd done this as a protest I'd have some sympathy, but even then it'd be pissing against the wind, so meh. I'm a free speech absolutist, but we have far bigger problems than our right to call people monkeys.
Debacles such as these need to become triggers for people to move away from regulated, mainstream, media platforms and start podcasts or online-streaming services.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Which would be worse: Wishing ill or death to a genocidal racist who thrives on the tension his utterances create in order to gain power, or calling him a monkey?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Debacles such as these need to become triggers for people to move away from regulated, mainstream, media platforms and start podcasts or online-streaming services.

You mean like CliffCentral? :p

FiestaST

Honorary Master
He was good in the old days with Ian F on Radio 5/Five FM/5FM