Hotel owner found stabbed to death in his swimming pool

daveza

Honorary Master
Just dropped in for a look at a favourite subject...

toddler-turn.gif

Oldfut

Expert Member

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Maybe 1/3 of the sentence; 8 odd years? Could always get an ANC get out of jail card if Squirrel is feeling generous.
"Eligible for parole" vs "no option for parole" I suppose? Also, "eligible" doesn't necessarily mean you'll automatically get it. Someone I know served 15 of 20 years of his sentence before he was paroled.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Lady has uncanny resemblance to to the lady involved in this incident.

azbob

Honorary Master
"Eligible for parole" vs "no option for parole" I suppose? Also, "eligible" doesn't necessarily mean you'll automatically get it. Someone I know served 15 of 20 years of his sentence before he was paroled.

What did he do?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
What did he do?
Heist. Fortunately they didn't kill. It was in the news in the late 2000. The guy is a distant relative of mine.

Correction: They spent 14 years in the system, 3 of which were spent on trial. I asked what the prerequisites for parole were, and he said there's a said program they had to follow and complete. He reckons it's important to refrain from prison gangs

Last edited:

surface

Honorary Master
Probably abused her. Probably. I've met some really toxic men, lots of them. Women too but jeez guys can be aggressive.
She said this as per VV.

According to Rapport, Van Vuuren said in his plea agreement that Suretha had "constantly pestered" him since September last year to do her "dirty work", and was allegedly prepared to pay R400 000 as well as offering a R125 000 diamond ring.
He claimed her explanation was that she had been beaten by Brits, that he had an extra-marital affair, and that she would lose custody of their three children.

surface

Honorary Master
Didn't see that. Well yeah that connects the dots then.
I didn't come across any evidence that was presented that she was abused, however, it is very much possible. If there was no evidence presented, I take it that she used it as a sympathy card.

airborne

Honorary Master
I didn't come across any evidence that was presented that she was abused, however, it is very much possible. If there was no evidence presented, I take it that she used it as a sympathy card.
If there was abuse she'd be really daft not to present that in her court case which it appears she didn't, so I'm assuming sadly she's just a conniving gold digger.

skimread

Honorary Master
Probably abused her. Probably. I've met some really toxic men, lots of them. Women too but jeez guys can be aggressive.
Yes in court she said he forced
her to have an abortion of twins at 15. She refused another abortion so he was forced to marry her when she was 19.

He also threatened to kill her if she divorced him and he was having an affair.

Not a nice guy. Took an advantage of a naive young girl who worked for him

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
her to have an abortion of twins at 15. She refused another abortion so he was forced to marry her when she was 19.

Considering he's dead and cannot defend himself I'd be wary of taking anything she says at face value

Gyre

Expert Member

Is there evidence? It's hard to believe someone that murdered somebody, that were naturally deceptive in the first place to have to plan it and hide it.

skimread

Honorary Master
Is there evidence? It's hard to believe someone that murdered somebody, that were naturally deceptive in the first place to have to plan it and hide it.
She was found guilty as she was the mastermind and murder isn't justification for abuse.

Having an abortion at 15 would have been done at a clinic so if they wanted evidence they could have gotten it.

Gyre

Expert Member
She was found guilty as she was the mastermind and murder isn't justification for abuse.

Having an abortion at 15 would have been done at a clinic so if they wanted evidence they could have gotten it.

It could have provided leniency at least. Do you not perhaps mean that abuse isn't justification for murder?

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
If there was abuse she'd be really daft not to present that in her court case which it appears she didn't, so I'm assuming sadly she's just a conniving gold digger.
Agreed. Some women quick to scream abuse because it's automatically bf/husband = bad. Easy get out of **** card. Where is police dockets? Or even neighbours testimony about abuse ? Family ? etc etc.

Okty

Expert Member
Ok, to be fair, was there any mention of life insurance money being paid out and by what amount? If not, her plea (without any evidence) might actually have a merit of truth.