Housing Trubunal or Small Claims Court?

SedaiLunga

I am having some trouble with the estate agent of my previous place, they never did a incoming inspection. So I told them according to the law, Rental Housing Act, they have no claim and they should deposit my money back. But she is refusing to comply, now what I want to know is which is faster and better, taking her to the Housing Tribunal or Small Claims Court? Thank in advance :)

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am having some trouble with the estate agent of my previous place, they never did a incoming inspection. So I told them according to the law, Rental Housing Act, they have no claim and they should deposit my money back. But she is refusing to comply, now what I want to know is which is faster and better, taking her to the Housing Tribunal or Small Claims Court? Thank in advance :)
Housing Tribunal, they know and understand the process. Your argument will be simple, the non-incoming inspection is deemed an acknowledgement that the property was handed back in good order.

SedaiLunga

@Fulcrum29 thanks for the insightful advice. I will definitely take that course of action

SedaiLunga

Housing Tribunal, they know and understand the process. Your argument will be simple, the non-incoming inspection is deemed an acknowledgement that the property was handed back in good order.
Update:
I contacted the Housing Tribunal and they said I have a valid case and sent me forms to fill out, I told the Letting agent of what was happening and that I had contacted the Tribunal. My word that scared her and I received the money(though not complete - don't feel like fighting anymore) 30 minutes later. Thanks again Fulcrum29 for the useful adivce