How a South African man lost R100,000 in BTC Global

Dolby

Honorary Master
I often used to see curious older folk on Facebook asking about Bitcoin ... and there'd be a list of people coming to them to 'show them how it works'. I found it strange that they just didn't download Luno and these vultures were always offering to help everyone they came cross.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
So he lost R83000

Or R161,000 (if he left his profits and original R31,000 investment in).

Or R117,000 (if he took out his original investment and profit)

Or R131,000 (etc. etc.)

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
BTC Global looked so hilariously scammy that I can't bring myself to have much sympathy for anyone affected.

tpxone

Possible coincidence

I have more that 6 friends whom thier Whatsapp Statuses had BITCOIN pictures, text all over and after this broke out haven't seen much of that lately, seems a lot of people more than that 30K highlighted were affected

neilronaldson

its so easy you can do it yourself, altcointrader is even easier than luno, i have found.

you buy low and sell high - that is it, if you buy too high and it dips below what you bought - wait till it goes up before you sell - dont panic - just wait, and wait some more - it will eventually go up.

Although trading now is silly as there is no movement....

really piss easy...

Pitbull

Verboten
I recall someone asking about them on MyBB a while ago. Just looking at the website looked like a scam and scheme. I don't know how people got sucked into it :eek:

Nephew_

Difficult to have sympathy with greedy people that still thinks 14% returns per week is legit.