• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

How accurate is Afrihost’s 3g data calculations

flbjhb

I have a weird situation here with Afrihost and I think their system is not accurate.
My phone is on WiFi almost all day long and the phone has 1gb afrihost 3g.

My iPhone shows I used 277mb data yet afrihost clientZone says I have 0mb left.
When I go to their usage logs (which I can post here) it shows I used 570mb since 01March.

So two problems. It seems they double the amount of actual used data and secondly their system says I have 0mb left when the logs shows I should still have 430mb available (actually I should still have 700mb available)

Has anybody else noticed something similar on their Afrihost 3g accounts ?

flbjhb

Same problem, see post below yours. And zero response on call logged so far.
Last month I also ran out of data early in the month but I just thought I actually used it. This month I was very cognisant of my usage and made sure I was on wifi every day.
But the point is the usage logs show 500mb used if you add it up manually but the portal says 0kb available - and my iPhone says I used 270mb which I agree with as I mostly checked email when not on wifi. If I dont get this resolved by lunch time I will file a complaint with ISPA.

Last month I also ran out of data early in the month but I just thought I actually used it. This month I was very cognisant of my usage and made sure I was on wifi every day.
But the point is the usage logs show 500mb used if you add it up manually but the portal says 0kb available - and my iPhone says I used 270mb which I agree with as I mostly checked email when not on wifi. If I dont get this resolved by lunch time I will file a complaint with ISPA.
According to my phone - 120 Mb
According to their logs - 125.6 Mb
According to the portal - 500 Mb

And still no update on my call logged.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
I have a weird situation here with Afrihost and I think their system is not accurate.
My phone is on WiFi almost all day long and the phone has 1gb afrihost 3g.

My iPhone shows I used 277mb data yet afrihost clientZone says I have 0mb left.
When I go to their usage logs (which I can post here) it shows I used 570mb since 01March.

So two problems. It seems they double the amount of actual used data and secondly their system says I have 0mb left when the logs shows I should still have 430mb available (actually I should still have 700mb available)

Has anybody else noticed something similar on their Afrihost 3g accounts ?
Hi flbjhb. I'm sorry to hear about your concerns. I can assure you that we keep close and detailed logs of your usage via ClientZone. It'll be hard for me to comment on your particular case as I'll need to have a look at your account (please PM me your details), but besides your phone's bandwidth calculator, I always like to recommend that you download a 3rd party bandwidth monitoring tool to help compare your usage logs with ClientZone, as well as to show exactly what your data is being used on. :)

flbjhb

So its been over 24 hours since I logged a ticket with Afrihost about their system problem which caused my account to be prematurely disconnected. I now had to buy another bundle at an additional cost to myself while they twiddle their thumbs and chose to ignore customers.

flbjhb

Ok all sorted out. I sent "HELP" via sms to 32541 and Marcello called me within 10 minutes ... ill do that in future instead of logging a ticket and waiting 24 hours for no reply to the ticket.
Apparently there is a problem and the developers are looking into it - they will just re-allocate the missing data.

BrokenRSA

I've also noticed that there's definitely something not right with the usage, hopefully they are working on this. My phone has always pretty much tied up with the Afrihost reports, but this month there seems to be quite a discrepancy in the two. I have logged a ticket this morning as well, so we'll see.

This is the first time there's been such a discrepancy in all the years I've been using Afrihost Mobile, hopefully they can get it sorted soon!

mr_norris

Expert Member
I've noticed the same thing.

With my dads phone:

- Phone reports just over 100MB usage
- AH reports 500MB usage

With mine:

- Phone reports 688MB usage
- AH reports 920MB usage (I'm rounding up by a couple of megs)

Logged a ticket this morning.

avk

Interesting to see that there are others with the same problem.

I have a 1GB data allocation. According to my 3rd party data app, less than 500MB used. Even according to AH Client Zone, also less than 500MB data used.

Send an email to support. Get the answer that my data has been used up...now I'm wondering:

1.) IS there an issue on the AH network?
2.) Did the agent responding to my query actually take the time to look at my account and usage before responding?

So now what? I have NEVER used up my data since I got this contract...and I check my data left regularly.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Interesting to see that there are others with the same problem.

I have a 1GB data allocation. According to my 3rd party data app, less than 500MB used. Even according to AH Client Zone, also less than 500MB data used.

Send an email to support. Get the answer that my data has been used up...now I'm wondering:

1.) IS there an issue on the AH network?
2.) Did the agent responding to my query actually take the time to look at my account and usage before responding?

So now what? I have NEVER used up my data since I got this contract...and I check my data left regularly.
That's strange... :( We would have used the same data to check the usage as is available in the ClientZone. Is your Mobile Data package connected at the moment?