How an intern stole NASA's Moon rocks

Crusader

Expert Member
I never even knew something like this happened.

In 2002, rogue NASA interns stole millions of dollars in moon rocks. This is the untold story of how they did it.

Building 31 North's white halls are empty, because it is the middle of the night. NASA interns Thad Roberts and Tiffany duck inside a bathroom, and tear off their clothing. Then they change into the contents of their duffel bags—2mm thick neoprene bodysuits. Like in a bad movie, the suits will help Thad and Tiffany avoid heat sensors armed to feel out threatening climate changes inside a vault. The adrenaline, their attraction, the smell of rubber suits and the fear of failure is almost overwhelming. After pulling on the thermally shielded gear, Tiffany and Thad step back into the corridor, moving toward the turnstile lock that guards their target: NASA's prized stash of moon rocks.

Full story

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Sheesh. I wonder who they sold it to and how much they got for it? (I did not read the entire article).

Bismuth

Expert Member
NASA and the FBI reckoned USD30 million, but apparently the collector was going to pay a lost less.

Still, it was one heck of a heist if you read the entire article.

B

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
I would've bolted the safe from the inside to the floor.

Can't imagine a safe which's bolted on the outside to the floor.