How can I get a copy of my TV Licence?

bloubulblog

Hi everyone

I paid for my tv licence for the year, but it seems like I either didn't get it in the email, or accidentally chucked it out with the junk mail.

I now need to get a copy of it, as I am planning on buying a new TV set from Kalahari.

I have tried calling the SABC's TV Licence call centre but hung up after 10 minutes of no-one taking my call.

Seems like their online service regarding tv licences are very limited. Updating details, checking balance, and making payment.

Hope someone can help.

Rocket Raccoon

Executive Member
Don't you just have to fill in your tv license no. on kalahari? It sounds as if you already have it.

RichardG

Honorary Master
OP, please scan your ID you will probably have to supply Kalahari with this. They able to track down your tv license linked to your ID. (I think - HiFi corp does it like that)

isie

Honorary Master
Hi everyone

I paid for my tv licence for the year, but it seems like I either didn't get it in the email, or accidentally chucked it out with the junk mail.

I now need to get a copy of it, as I am planning on buying a new TV set from Kalahari.

I have tried calling the SABC's TV Licence call centre but hung up after 10 minutes of no-one taking my call.

Seems like their online service regarding tv licences are very limited. Updating details, checking balance, and making payment.

Hope someone can help.
Kalahari can pick it up with you ID number,
Hifi corp has a nice verification, just put in your ID number and it will give you your TV licence number
Hifi corp TV licence verification

blackcart

can one just state a valid license number or will i have to prove its mine as well?

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
You don't need a copy. It gets checked online (against your name/ID).

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
That reminds me...time to buy a new TV.

Luckily I don't need a TV license to do that.

Thestealth

Expert Member
They don't post valid licenses anymore, you can produce your POP or online verification when purchasing a TV

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Pensioner's license is only R74. Giving less to the SABC to squander.
I was talking about buying a TV for myself. It has been a while since I upgraded.

I'm not a pensioner yet and as I have said: Luckily I do not need a TV license to buy a new TV.

I hope that's clear enough now?

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
What I was saying is that, if you need a license to buy a tv, use grandma, as you will only need to pay R74 for a license rather than R300. That way you can get your tv and give less to the SABC to waste.