How did you meet and how it happened

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Just as the title says; How did you guys as a couple meet and how it happened? Is she your first, second? You married her?

We go to the same church, never explicitly asked her out, it just happened. Been dating her for 5 years.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Have been dating current gf for a month. I took my sister to a photoshoot in the JHB cbd, and while my sister were being photographed me and one of the other girls there started talking.

I got her number, went on a couple of dates and since 1May(she told me the past weekend) been dating exclusively.

:D

Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App

scotty777

...doesn't know
Was at a University party, saw quite a hot chick, but was in the misted of drinking with friends (on of those missions where all you doing is getting pissed, go figure). Any way, so then I bumped into a friend of mine, and we said hellos. Turns out the friend I bumped into was mutual to my gf and I, and she asked after me. The friend gave her my details, she contacted me, we started chatting, then we dated for about a month, then decided to make it "facebook official", and have been officially in a relationship for almost 3 months :p. ha ha.

Seems like it's a little arbitrary that the girl contacted the guy, but hey, we been going well for 3 months, very well actually. So I'm not complaining.

Mantis

I moved back to CPT. All my friends were either in Jozi or left SA. Just bought a bike and took a ride to Fish Hoek beach sometime in November 2009, where I sat on the bench and watched the waves. It was November, I was in riding gear, on the beach, and this lady walked onto the beach in a coat and heeled boots. She had had an argument with her little brother and he stormed off to the beach where she followed. I started talking to her, swopped numbers, then met up every weekend after that.

Got married in January this year. Still in honeymoon phase :)

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
My sister introduced us, she needed a date for a function... I pulled moves at the function...

We will have been married for 4 years in September and together for a total of 8.

Sisters FTW

dabean

Expert Member
She's my best friend's girlfriend's sister. We got along very well since we met about 2 years ago, but we were both in relationships at the time. She broke up with her boyfriend 6 months ago (I'd been single for a while) and she asked me to go with her to her year-end function (as a friend I thought)... a month later we moved in together and last week I asked her to marry me.

Still not exactly sure how it happened, but I'm glad it did.

CrazYmonkeY159

Expert Member
met her in first year of uni. we formed a study group (i loathe study groups) I was/am very smart so this girl needed help with math physics, everyday she visited for help, some days she would visit for social sakes, she would even wait for me to finish my dota games.

Anyways the rest is history, shes my 3rd GF, but the first woman ive loved properly. 2.5years going strong

wrathex

Expert Member
I was sitting in a corner at Cafe Java, having a drink on my own - for the first time in my life, very depressed, desperately lonely (contemplating leaving the world) at the crossroads of my life and this guy came over and invited me to join his large group of friends, I did, he asked me out about 7 times after that, I said no, by the 8th time I said yes, we're still dating a year later, we are in love :)

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
I reckon you guys might flame me for this, but she is my best friends sister... :) ...

we've been together for a year and a half, and still going strong...

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Met at work, found we had plenty in common, found ourselves on a "not a date", just going out together as all our friends were out on dates on Valentines day, fell in love, got married :)

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I reckon you guys might flame me for this, but she is my best friends sister... :) ...

we've been together for a year and a half, and still going strong...
hahahahahahaha!!! So glad you posted first! Im very very good friends with this one guy, got drunk at his house once during the week, woke up the next morning early to go to the bathroom, still drunk I just stumbled in and there she was, his younger sister, in the shower naked. Saw her boobies (boobies ftw) and still proceeded to go and pee in the toilet (was still very drunk) She did not know what to make of the situation and I went back to bed. My friend left for europe a couple of weeks after that and the day after he left I asked her on a date! We still going strong after 2.5 years and I will be asking her to marry me very soon. And yes, her brother and I are still extremely good friends!

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
In my case again; I'm dating her for the third time :), and she's my first and last, I can't get more gratification. I love her beyond apprehension.:love:

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
hahahahahahaha!!! So glad you posted first! Im very very good friends with this one guy, got drunk at his house once during the week, woke up the next morning early to go to the bathroom, still drunk I just stumbled in and there she was, his younger sister, in the shower naked. Saw her boobies (boobies ftw) and still proceeded to go and pee in the toilet (was still very drunk) She did not know what to make of the situation and I went back to bed. My friend left for europe a couple of weeks after that and the day after he left I asked her on a date! We still going strong after 2.5 years and I will be asking her to marry me very soon. And yes, her brother and I are still extremely good friends!
Ha ha ha... thats one way of breaking the ice... lol ... my situation was similar, got verrryyy drunk at his birthday, then kinda let out all the feeleings i felt for her... started speaking after that, and after about a month i spoke to my buddy, and said i was interested, but wanted to chat to him first...

so things actually worked out really well..

Congrats on the soon to be proposal... hope she isn't on the forum ;)

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
Ups and downs with her...or your friend ;)

Good that you guys are still friends.
wahaha... lol ... with him...

In a way, i think it made it a bit stronger (the friendship), as we around each other a lot more lately...

Sorry for the derail...

/Shoves thread back on rails... ;)

Wall

Sports Addict
Met my girl at Unisa. She was a first year student trying to register, whilst I was a second year student, So she asked for some help. The rest is history. been dating for 5.5 years.:D