• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

How do I avoid Vodacom rebranding my phone when setting it up?

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
You might be out of luck, I remember reading an article fairly recently that Huawei have a new system that forces network customisation depending on the sim inserted, it was trumpeted as a good thing as it added network settings for VoLTE and VoWiFi iirc.

I think it’s a matter of if you want to use the Huawei phone you have to accept the customisation now.
Nope.. No such mod.. I have rebranded my mate 9 to Europe.. No vodacon branding on my device..

Can u believe the mate 9 firmware from vodacom wasn't even updated for an entire 2017 year.. Terrible. So many new features added and couldn't get access to them thus the rebranding to Europe software

Last edited:

Dave

Honorary Master
Nope.. No such mod.. I have rebranded my mate 9 to Europe.. No vodacon branding on my device..

Can u believe the mate 9 firmware from vodacom wasn't even updated for an entire 2017 year.. Terrible. So many new features added and couldn't get access to them thus the rebranding to Europe software
Yep, there is, I said it was reported on new devices, not old phones from 2016 ;)

I’ll see if I can find the article again when I have a moment (I think it was from one of last year’s launches).

laven

Have you tried setting up the phone with a different sim card (Telkom, Cell C or MTN) and once setup then put in the Vodacom sim card