How do I connect a modern Smart TV to a DVD Surround Sound System

TE3TH

I recently purchased a 58" Hisense UHD Smart TV. I currently own an older LG DVD Surround Sound System that does not have an HDMI port, only RCA (Red, White and Yellow)

The TV does not have RCA OUT, only RCA IN.

Would it be possible for me to purchase an HDMI to AV adapter and connect two systems? Would this work?

Surround Sound: LG 5.1 Channel Home Theatre System DH3120S 3140
TV: HISENSE 146 cm (58") Smart UHD TV 58A6100UW

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I recently purchased a 58" Hisense UHD Smart TV. I currently own an older LG DVD Surround Sound System that does not have an HDMI port, only RCA (Red, White and Yellow)

Would it be possible for me to purchase an HDMI to AV adapter and connect two systems? Would this work?

S/PDIF Optical Output ---- Need a converter for that to RCA(AV)
Don't know if the HDMI connections are outputs? What does the manual say?
No Headphone output.
https://www.hdcabling.co.za/product...round-to-analogue-stereo-rca-audio-converter/

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Nice tv. Crap sound system.
At best you will get Dolby Prologic Surround sound as you are limited to the two stereo RCA audio connectors on the sound system. It's a closed system designed to playback sound from it's own DVD player and no inputs for any other sources other than stereo sound. Dump the sound system and get something better.
My 2c.

SS22

Hi. Was just wondering if you were able to to resolve your issue with the Hisense TV and the LG DVD surround sound system? I have the same issue now and need some guidance!

Nithan15

Expert Member
Hi. Was just wondering if you were able to to resolve your issue with the Hisense TV and the LG DVD surround sound system? I have the same issue now and need some guidance!
Would it be possible to send a picture of all the outputs on the TV so we know what you working with.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Generally those old 5.1 DVD systems only give you 5.1 from the DVD player itself, and you're limited for sound to 2 for external sources. They were cheap for a reason sadly.