How do I de-register my car if I sell it privately?

mime

:confused: Selling my car tomorrow, I have a NATIS certificate. Where do I get documentation for transfer of ownership? Can I get it on the internet as everything is closed on a Sunday?

wikk3d88

Expert Member
:confused: Selling my car tomorrow, I have a NATIS certificate. Where do I get documentation for transfer of ownership? Can I get it on the internet as everything is closed on a Sunday?
Wait for monday, head down to your local traffic department and get the yellow transfer of ownership form, as well as a new reg form for the new owner. assemble all relevant documentation, hand over to new owner and submit the yellow form yourself to the traffic dept. This way you have peace of mind knowing that you wont get any fines etc if the new owner is lazy in registering the car in his name.

mime

Thanks, thing is the buyer is coming through from about 200km away. I need to get the transfer of ownership doc, I found the registration doc on the net, its the transfer form that I lack.

wikk3d88

Expert Member
Thanks, thing is the buyer is coming through from about 200km away. I need to get the transfer of ownership doc, I found the registration doc on the net, its the transfer form that I lack.

I hope he is paying cash. He would need your signature (and a copy of your ID) on the transfer doc, so maybe you can get it, fill in the relevant section and post it down to him... so that might be an issue. Hope you have a sales document ready as well (the voetsroets clause etc), keep one copy for yourself.

mime

Thanks again. I found the transfer of ownership on the ENATIS website. Now looking for the Voetstoots sale doc. Thanks for the tip, I did not think about it. Yep, he is paying cash.

mime

Thanks guys

:D Thank you sooo much. Been searching and googling to no avail. What did we do in the days before online forums?

Thanks again guys!

mime

How t sell your car privatly

Thank you to both of you. money in the bank, sales agreement signed, transfer of ownership signed by both seller an buyer, :whistling: