How do i get hold of afrihost ???!!!!!!!

Dirk L

Ok, they are busy sorting out our server.

Once you get the right person on the job then the service is fine. It is just SO frustrating not being able to contact them and having to work through emails all the time...

Dirk L

Aaarrrgggggghhhh !!!!

This is not working. Been struggling the whole Sunday again to get hold of someone, they eventually replied to my mail this morning. Promptly replied back, got no reply. Then logged a "call me back". They called while I was on the phone, explaining to the clients why the server is still down. Guess what, I can not call them back. Now I have to wait another hour again for someone to call me. Hope I'm not on the phone then...

This is ridiculous!!! How can a company have no option to phone them?!

semaphore

Honorary Master
Aaarrrgggggghhhh !!!!

This is not working. Been struggling the whole Sunday again to get hold of someone, they eventually replied to my mail this morning. Promptly replied back, got no reply. Then logged a "call me back". They called while I was on the phone, explaining to the clients why the server is still down. Guess what, I can not call them back. Now I have to wait another hour again for someone to call me. Hope I'm not on the phone then...

This is ridiculous!!! How can a company have no option to phone them?!
Why don't you just spin our your own digital ocean droplet and get rid of using Afrihosts services all together? You only have yourself to blame if you continue to use them.

Dirk L

Why don't you just spin our your own digital ocean droplet and get rid of using Afrihosts services all together? You only have yourself to blame if you continue to use them.
We are busy looking at alternatives. But we cannot just move a server in a day. Especially not with an operation that runs 24/7. This will take some planning. So for now we just need all our services restored until we can make another plan.

semaphore

Honorary Master
We are busy looking at alternatives. But we cannot just move a server in a day. Especially not with an operation that runs 24/7. This will take some planning. So for now we just need all our services restored until we can make another plan.
What services are you hosting?

Dirk L

Just have a server with them, with MS SQL and a few web services and so on running on the server. Luckily SQL was still working, but we got more and more file errors on the server, resulting in some services not starting up, like IIS for example...

semaphore

Honorary Master
Just have a server with them, with MS SQL and a few web services and so on running on the server. Luckily SQL was still working, but we got more and more file errors on the server, resulting in some services not starting up, like IIS for example...
Then setup a blue/green deployment type architecture that way you can spool up new servers at ease. Your downtime would have been 0 if you went that route.

Dirk L

Then setup a blue/green deployment type architecture that way you can spool up new servers at ease. Your downtime would have been 0 if you went that route.
The bottom line is we need to be able to contact them if there is a problem on their side, and this seems very difficult to do.

semaphore

Honorary Master
Start lambasting them on twitter, facebook everywhere that should get their attention, then start pulling your services/money away from them.

kitkat+

I have issues with Afrihost before, but this nothing compared to Webafrica, they just close the ticket as resolved and never bother.