how do I get the sound from the explora to play on the 5.1 home theater system

jenniew

I am totally ignorant when it comes to tv and sound systems. I bought a Samsung home theatre system last year and was unable to figure out how to get the dstv sound to play through it, although it works just fine with the media player . I've just bought and plugged in my explora, can someone please tell me what to do to connect the sound to my surround sound instead of just the TV speakers . I've read a few threads but I'm lost. TV and theatre are both Samsung , the TV is hd ready and has 2 hdmi ports and dvi, the theatre system has one hdmi , aux and optical. If advising to use specific cables please describe them as well as I really don't have a clue.

Thanks

Akirky

Expert Member
You need to get an Optical cable and connect between the Explora and the theatre system. Then select the correct audio input on the theatre.
You can get an Optical cable from Game, Incredible Connection, Dion's wired.

Last edited:

jenniew

Thanks, I've checked the back of the TV after finding out what an optical port looks like, and my tv doesn't have one. The model is LN40A330. It's hdmi 1.3 so no arc.

jenniew

Sorry, I misread that. You said connect the explora to the theatre system.

Akirky

Expert Member
You won't use the TV volume when playing through the theatre, I find that there is a slight echo.