How do i hide contacts in my WhatsApp group.

catharsis

I want to start a WhatsApp group but I don't want the contacts in the group to see who else or how many are in the group.

How do I do this?

RustyPrincess

Expert Member
Rather broadcast the messages to a list of people, a group is meant for all members to communicate with one another.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
You can't do that. Whatsapp contact lists are not able to be hidden, in fact it is even possible to extract the list of contacts and export it to an Excel File.

catharsis

Rather broadcast the messages to a list of people, a group is meant for all members to communicate with one another.
No it's not.
New feature is that only admin is allowed to post messages removes the communication aspect.

So I'm basically looking for the same thing but contact list is hidden from all members.

Doesn't need to be there anyway.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
No it's not.
New feature is that only admin is allowed to post messages removes the communication aspect.

So I'm basically looking for the same thing but contact list is hidden from all members.

Doesn't need to be there anyway.
And if it doesn't have that feature, maybe you can mail them and suggest it and just live without it until they do it... or don't do it.