How Do I Know If My Tortoise Is Deceased?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
seriously, who keeps a tortoise? its like the most boring pet ever!
more boring than a pet rock.

or @Mortymoose is secretly Darnell AKA "harry monroe" Turner from my name is Earl...
My cousin has two in his garden. I could never understand it. The weirdest part for me is that I never see it moving. It'll be in one spot at one moment. Ten minutes later it will be in a completely different place.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
maybe it went on a mission

teenage mutant ninja tortoise

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I've got a firebreak behind my house against the mountain and have had a few wild tortoises come down from the mountain and die next to my back garden fence. I can tell you it becomes pretty obvious pretty quickly that it's dead. The ants start consuming it and it stinks a lot.

Cius

Executive Member
Came back from my travelling spree across the African Subcontinent to be greeted with a motionless tortoise..... The wife adding, "His been like that for two days..."

His four reptilian legs sticking out.........

I had seen this before, but not as long, where he had been motionless and non responsive to anything..... but never this long....

Another thing bothered me, why had the ants not feasted on him if he was deceased.......

I was issued with instructions to bury the beast, but scared he might be alive....

How will I know.....?

:unsure:

/Moose fancies Skilpaadtjies on Wednesday with his braai.....
Any news Moose?

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Any news Moose?
It's been two months now and he has not moved from the corner of the estate on which I placed him, so this weekend we shall have a wee ceremony for Sonic The Tortoise..... :crying:

deweyzeph

Executive Member
It's been two months now and he has not moved from the corner of the estate on which I placed him, so this weekend we shall have a wee ceremony for Sonic The Tortoise..... :crying:
If he's been dead for two months he's going to be a skeleton and stink a lot.

gamer16

Honorary Master
If no smell, its probably fine.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
Ek verstaan nie. Tel die ding op en kyk of dit nog lewe? Of is dit nou weer een of ander tipe abuse?
Jy is reg, jy verstaan nie.

Verkorte weergawe, sy bene steek uit, hy het vantevore al stil gelê en nie reaggeer nie, maar nooit so lank nie en die miere het hom nog nie begin eet nie. M.a.w - hibberneer hy net of is hy dood?

Came back from my travelling spree across the African Subcontinent to be greeted with a motionless tortoise..... The wife adding, "His been like that for two days..."

His four reptilian legs sticking out.........

I had seen this before, but not as long, where he had been motionless and non responsive to anything..... but never this long....

Another thing bothered me, why had the ants not feasted on him if he was deceased.......

I was issued with instructions to bury the beast, but scared he might be alive....

How will I know.....?

:unsure:

/Moose fancies Skilpaadtjies on Wednesday with his braai.....

silentc

pissing on it isn't much of a send off.

Nibiru

Jy is reg, jy verstaan nie.

Verkorte weergawe, sy bene steek uit, hy het vantevore al stil gelê en nie reaggeer nie, maar nooit so lank nie en die miere het hom nog nie begin eet nie. M.a.w - hibberneer hy net of is hy dood?
Ek verstaan daai deel, maar as jy n hibernerende skilpad skud of optel, gaan hy dan aanhou hiberneer of uit sy hibernasie ontwaak? As ons dit vas stel dan weet ons mos wat gaan aan met ou Sonic.