How do you feel about the Netflix price increase?

How do you feel about the upcoming Netflix price increase?

• It's fair

Votes: 220 62.7%
  • It's too much

Votes: 71 20.2%
  • No Netflix here

Votes: 60 17.1%

• Total voters

JohnMao

Executive Member
Showmax for me has better content.
Will have to do a poll with the fam to see if it's worth keeping Netflix.
Local content because it looks like that's what Showmax has loaded up on. Please check the stats that show Netflix has WAY more movies and series, and always has.

NoLuck Chuck

Local content because it looks like that's what Showmax has loaded up on. Please check the stats that show Netflix has WAY more movies and series, and always has.
More doesn't always mean better for me.
Showmax' international movies and series are of very good quality. Maybe they don't have ALL the blockbusters, but Netflix SA doesn't either.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
I don't think R30 in five years is unreasonable but we're watching more Hulu/Disney/Amazon/etc than netflix these days so I'm going to downgrade to the standard plan when they push the increase through.
Cheapskate.

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
Meh. Still cheaper than the Eur price, so I'll keep it on the ZAR card.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Had to admit to not having Netflix but my granddaughter has it so I can watch films with her when needed. That said, given the level of price increases for everything, those levels are not at all unreasonable.

Asgard85

Perfectly fine. It is still good value in my opinion as they tend to make the kind of content I enjoy. Also, unlike DSTV the increase is measured and reasonable instead of just being an annual fact of life they think they can get away with.

t_girl

I'm on the R99 plan - no increase for me.

Having said that, I think the increase is quite reasonable.

3WA

Honorary Master
I have to keep it for the girlfriend, but I've never seen the value. They just make shows and then abandon them after a season.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Well it does not bother me as I do not sit and watch TV much. During the day with my work I drop in at least about 4 households and the amount of TV what some people watch is staggering. The big problem is that the TV is the new "nanny" and you see some small children sit and watch programs that I would not even watch. No wonder the pass rates has to be dropped as kids sit and watch TV the whole day and I was surprised how many tell my that they watch some shows even at late nights.

Shaista

I say it's well worth it way better than dstv which repeatedly shows the same stuff

rh1

Expert Member
Well it does not bother me as I do not sit and watch TV much. During the day with my work I drop in at least about 4 households and the amount of TV what some people watch is staggering. The big problem is that the TV is the new "nanny" and you see some small children sit and watch programs that I would not even watch. No wonder the pass rates has to be dropped as kids sit and watch TV the whole day and I was surprised how many tell my that they watch some shows even at late nights.
Nothing new here, Hollywood even made a move about it, I will refer you to "The Cable Guy". I think people/kids being glued to their phones is a much bigger issue.

afsrav

I guess it is fair, but Netflix SA pales in comparison to Netflix US.

Johnit

The R30 hike is more than I had expected. I prefer smaller annual hikes.