How does one choose the perfectly lady to date

RichardG

Honorary Master
So, here I am thinking to myself & having a serious conversation with someone over the telephone. The conversation comes up with dating/relationship A topic I hate talking about...

I have met plenty of ladies over the years, and we still keep in contact, but I am not the one contacting them. I have come to decision in my life it is now time to start dating now to choose the right lady, does one have to go for personality/looks/ambitious/spontaneous/family/Same hobbies&interest....

I have lost my touch in this department and not sure weather I can achieve.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So, here I am thinking to myself & having a serious conversation with someone over the telephone. The conversation comes up with dating/relationship A topic I hate talking about...

I have met plenty of ladies over the years, and we still keep in contact, but I am not the one contacting them. I have come to decision in my life it is now time to start dating now to choose the right lady, does one have to go for personality/looks/ambitious/spontaneous/family/Same hobbies&interest....

I have lost my touch in this department and not sure weather I can achieve.
Seriously? You're the one looking for a relationship - you decide.

RichardG

Honorary Master
Seriously speaking now....
I am to afraid of making the wrong choose :((
Many ladies want to date me, but I come with excuses like I am busy.

The reason for all this is my previous girlfriend/fiancee slept with my x best friend..
And wasted approx 5 years of my life with her ;(

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I am to afraid of making the room choice :((

The reason for all this is my previous girlfriend/fiancee slept with my x best friend..
SA colloquialism? :confused:

thedutchman

Expert Member
I am to afraid of making the room choice :((

oh no :( thats not cool

blunomore

Honorary Master
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I do not believe in choosing someone. I believe in fate.

Then maybe a blindfold and a lassoo? And if you are looking for perfect then you might want to lassoo 3 or more so you have some backup options.

blunomore

Honorary Master
Hmm, Richard, the party sounds a bit like a cattle call to me. Just do not let them know the purpose. Ever.

RichardG

Honorary Master
The problem is, "I like all the ladies". We all get a long well, we've the same interest, and the reason I am going to invite them all over, is to see if they all get along. Just now I date one and she gets jealous of my female friends.....

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Win!

Anyways...guess if you look at me and my current gf aswell as some past relationships that went well i'm attracted to someone who stimulates my mind and has wit

Frankly if you just look for looks you aren't going to end up with someone to keep ( looks fade faster than the mind )

lived666

Executive Member
I have one very important standard that I apply to the ladies I date - and that is if they are breathing, they pass the test...

RichardG

Honorary Master
I go for personality.
Looks = Players

The problem is I have like 15 single female friends to select from. Could even screw up our friendship - If I do date them.
And I know they like me, just things are so complicated in my life, I am not sure If I am ready to do the dating thing, trust issues. And all of them now how I feel about it, but they all say learn to forgive.

UPDATE:
Ok, one of them is here at my house

brixton tower

Expert Member
@Richard: The question should first be asked, how old are you and what exactly are you looking for? You get all sorts of women...ones that will give it up in the first week or others that will make you get on your knees. It also depends where you're looking.

I can tell you one thing, if you're in Cape Town the male female ration works in your favour apart from the fact that a large percentage of the male population are rear-gunners.

Krypto

Sounds like a plan. :)
A plan yes, but i don't think it will help him much. If you don't know what you're looking for having endless options makes things worse.

does one have to go for personality/looks/ambitious/spontaneous/family/Same hobbies&interest?
The answer is not which to go for but in what order. This is where you decide, for instance, that personality is no1, then looks, then ambition, etc. The choice is your's and rightly so.

I haven't had much experience with relationships but I'm wise;) so here's a few suggestions;

Don't make it happen, let it happen.
Someone who makes you feel happy and comfortable(without doing anything) is best.
Looks are important, but like most things, less important once you have them.
Personality is your best shot if you're thinking long term. Don't think long term!:D
Chemistry is good, but shortlived and based on the cover and not the contents (of a book).
Same hobbies and & interest are just as good as different ones.
Don't let your past relationships unduly influence your decision.
By reading the above you have agreed to my terms and conditions and the accompanying fees. I take cash, credit cards....

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I do not believe in choosing someone. I believe in fate.
What if fate wants you to choose?

I have one very important standard that I apply to the ladies I date - and that is if they are breathing, they pass the test...
Nice:D Great to see we still have good standards for dating in SA :p

Pick the lady which complements you the best. (not compliments!)http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/complement.html

Last edited:

CathJ

Expert Member
I think you're thinking too much.

You can't rate people on various criteria and then figure out who's best for you. Who do you have that connection with? That spark? That sense of trust, and happiness? That's the person for you.