How essential businesses can register to stay open during South Africa's lockdown

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
what if you're a sole proprietor providing essential goods?

no enterprise registration number, so no registration possible?

Mila

Honorary Master
Site can not be reached

And this is how we know this wasn't even on the discussion table until last minute and they thought :mmm maybe we should attempt to make it look like we are not a shyt hole country

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
This is the avenue to pursue without consultation, but the website isn't listing any essential services or essential products other than being required to download a document. It isn’t that hard to implement a guide to register within the parameters. Many non-essential entities will be registering and issuing permits, others won’t and continue with business, and some will remain closed. The government have no way of investigating each and every registration.

Any business doing business over the internet is an e-commerce entity, that includes e-mail transactions. You don’t need a cart on your website to be e-commerce. EFT is e-commerce.

The Dti should have listed the essential products list by now.

Also, will IT tech support companies being enabled to support business, physically, which is now decentralised? Many IT companies here have made their services available, whether their clients are essential or not they deem themselves as essential.

I don’t know why we are in lockdown.

Mila

Honorary Master
I need to register an NPO for animals to get my people to drive around without being harassed. We need to feed animals.

The incompetence of this government is shining.
This should have started a month ago.

This lock down is just so they can say well we did try without trying. Giving idiots like Chele the opportunity to flex their dimwitted muscles

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
This is the avenue to pursue without consultation, but the website isn't listing any essential services or essential products other than being required to download a document. It isn’t that hard to implement a guide to register within the parameters. Many non-essential entities will be registering and issuing permits, others won’t and continue with business, and some will remain closed. The government have no way of investigating each and every registration.

Any business doing business over the internet is an e-commerce entity, that includes e-mail transactions. You don’t need a cart on your website to be e-commerce. EFT is e-commerce.

The Dti should have listed the essential products list by now.

Also, will IT tech support companies being enabled to support business, physically, which is now decentralised? Many IT companies here have made their services available, whether their clients are essential or not they deem themselves as essential.

I don’t know why we are in lockdown.
We are in lock down because Italy, Germany and UK went into lick down, they are among the leading lights in the world. So it is imperative we follow suit. We will muddle along and see how we come out the other side.

Most Township folks and rural persons think it is a hoax. How well, or how badly we come out of this, will be determined by these people.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Standing in a queue this afternoon, in front of me was an elderly coloured gentleman. He turns to me, and says, lucky the queue is not that long, just mostly blacks, but that is okay, they are all on vitamin A n C. :laugh:

Mila

Honorary Master
ok so this suck. As an NPO we just have a npo and pbo number no enterprise number.
OR if I have one CIPC is not working