How Everyshop's prices compare to Takealot and other stores

RedViking

Nord of the South
Advert for Everyshop. Yet they the most expensive by comparison. Oh shucks! Takealot has competition!

haroldj

This could only mean better for us the consumers, only time will tell whether they will have the same service excellence like takealot, as far as I am concerned, I will stick to the name I know and trust.

neoprema

Expert Member
They're new, and they're full of specials.

This article should be done 1 year down the line....

MightyQuin

Honorary Master

j4ck455

Executive Member
Why use a different domain for emails when they already have everyshop.co.za?

And to whom does this jdg.co.za domain belong?

Edit: just saw in the OP that it is part of the JD Group, well big whoop, still means nothing to me and the whois is completely redacted.

And whose crap idea was it to have a permanently displayed banner on the site that takes up almost a third of the height of the browser window?

d1b261e3b12438fc449879560aa1a681353cf25a7642cce0927176eb7becd9f0.png

If the ruling party were to create an ecommerce site, this is what I would expect it to be like.

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South

Edit: just saw in the OP that it is part of the JD Group, well big whoop, still means nothing to me and the whois is completely redacted.

And whose crap idea was it to have a permanently displayed banner on the site that takes up almost a third of the height of the browser window?

View attachment 1035624

If the ruling party were to create an ecommerce site, this is what I would expect it to be like.
Just a standard magento theme

deesef

Expert Member
Their shipping costs are either ridiculous or confusing.

Will it cost R500 for delivery of 1 cricket bat @ R200 plus 1 drill bit @ R300???

PhireSide

Honorary Master

View attachment 1035624

JDG is the Joshua Doore Group, and from what I can recall EveryShop, Incredible Connection and HiFi Corporation fall under their umbrella. Also Russell's, Bradlows and Price 'n Pride, Electric Express and Morkels IIRC

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Everyshop - Mellerware Modena 3 In 1 Coffee Maker R1499. Same price as Hi-Fi Corporation. No suprise there.
I bought mine for R999 from Loot. 3 day shipping to Cape Town was R41.
Everyshop - Russell Hobbs 20lt Electronic Microwave R1199.
I bought mine from Takealot for R1099 with free delivery as it was over R500.
Everyshop seem to have no free delivery over R500. According to my cart they would add on R200, making their price R1399.
Bottom line? It pays to look around.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Best that they customise it, such a huge fixed area at the top is unnecessary when you're trying to view products below that.
They don't have much experience outside of brick and mortar. Can just look at all their other online shops like incredible connection and their after sales support and logistics. Hell, you'll be lucky if you get a response to a mail within a reasonable time frame.

Swa

Honorary Master
Their shipping costs are either ridiculous or confusing.

Will it cost R500 for delivery of 1 cricket bat @ R200 plus 1 drill bit @ R300???
What's confusing about it? For regular items it's free if order over R450, like Takealot. For larger items like fridges or a caravan you pay extra, like Takealot.

deesef

Expert Member
What's confusing about it? For regular items it's free if order over R450, like Takealot. For larger items like fridges or a caravan you pay extra, like Takealot.
That's not what the article says.

Cost of DeliveryType of productsDelivery FeeOrders over R450 (excludes items on the list below)FreeOrders under R450R50TV’sR100Large Appliances, Beds, Outdoor and Sport EquipmentR200Large Items, DIY and FurnitureR300