How has covid-19 affected your life thus far?

WesleyDB

Just out of curiosity, has it made a significant impact on your lives yet, what changes have you had to make if any?

Creag

The Boar's Rock
1. Traffic has eased off considerably.
2. Children at home need care and oversight.
3. Working rotation from home.
4. Possible exposure to the dreaded virus. We're waiting to hear if suspect tests positive following their exposure to a positive carrier. Isolation till Tuesday at least.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The libraries in Cape Town have been closed (drastically reduced service). My life has changed!?

Not much, except far less traffic on the roads (win), fewer people at gym* (win) and shopping centres (win). Oh yes, and I work from home, a long-cherished goal for me.

*I swipe my card but am part of a running group so run outside.

Also had an interview over the phone which is good from my perspective (less nervous than face-to-face).

WesleyDB

1. Traffic has eased off considerably.
2. Children at home need care and oversight.
3. Working rotation from home.
4. Possible exposure to the dreaded virus. We're waiting to hear if suspect tests positive following their exposure to a positive carrier. Isolation till Tuesday at least.
Was it your whole family potentially exposed to the virus or just you?

Mila

Honorary Master
My income has stopped.
Bookings has stopped.

But, I have been laughing a bit more at the hysterics about toilet paper

Radioboy

My entire business is hospital based. The amount of admin/hoops i have to jump through now to get access to theaters is weighing heavy on my business and mood... but.... i'm still generating income for the most part.

Charlesjjm

All my runs that I've entered has been cancelled.
My gym closed today, who knows how long.
Keeping mall visits to the absolute minimum.
Not touching anything at work that does not belong to me. Not allowing my stuff to be touched.
That's all I can think of now.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
everything is so fffken depressing. spar is full of people that just look like theyve endured years of abuse. the gym managers are irritating as hell. Before you cant train we have to discuss what we'll do if the gym closes. On the up side most of my work I am doing from home via telecons and so on so thats easier. Lots of naps too.

Supervan II

Expert Member
But it's just the flu, bru! ;)

Slightly concerned since the wife works for a GP and her dad is 84 and has a pacemaker.