How has covid-19 affected your life thus far?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I'm going to be really honest here.
Nothing has changed in my life since the Corona virus problem.

It's very sad and awful to me that people are losing their lives, but the actual 'world' and my life hasn't changed.

I'm used to having no money, no transport and spending every day alone in my flat.
I've done it for years and I'm going for 3 years in a town I live.

I have family, but I only see some of my family members at times.
I've got no social life or any friends. Just the folks I work with.

Except the sad truth of death, constant bad news and fear mongering, has your life been effected in a large way?
Edit: thanks for the merge. Wasn't aware of this thread.
Edit: correction, years in other places, 3 years since moving to the town I live in now.

Last edited:

genetic

Honorary Master
Been working every day thus far, so isolation syndrome hasn't hit me yet... let's see what happens the coming week.

lived666

Executive Member

It's very sad and awful to me that people are losing their lives, but the actual 'world' and my life hasn't changed.

I'm used to having no money, no transport and spending every day alone in my flat.

Except the sad truth of death, constant bad news and fear mongering, has your life been effected in a large way?
Edit: correction, years in other places, 3 years since moving to the town I live in now.
Jesus, dude, get a puppy

Gregorios

No international travel in the near future so rearranging work schedules
Im sick and tired of listening to comments being made about now being such a good time to " bond" with people who u live with.Oh please..Have u ever considered the flip side of that self - righteous observation? The floor is open for discussion.

Gregorios

Im sick and tired of listening to comments being made about now being such a good time to " bond" with people who u live with.Oh please..Have u ever considered the flip side of that self - righteous observation? The floor is open for discussion.
To the people who have made such statements, consider the following possible
case - scenarios in certain households,where "bonding" might be a daunting task:

1. dysfunctional families.( who function better by themselves during the day when they are at work)
2. couples who ate divorced,yet have an amicable agreement to still share and live under one roof.
3. parents ADHD kids. ( may The Force be with u,if u've decided to temporarily take them off meds)
4. Those who have elderley folks who are difficult/ need supervision and care/ are generally full if ****.
5. Those living with elderley parent/s +lazy - ass husband who refuses to help out + freaken rude and inconsiderate teenager + domestic left for lockdown
5. anyone out there want to add to the list?

RedViking

Nord of the South

You make me sad. You need a hug.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Well it's good for some. Should they shut up?

ShaneE

Other than not being allowed to run, because i'll cause the whole world to end if I dare step out my gate, not too much - Definitely going to save a lot this money though, so thats nice.

Mobus

Anyone thought of the unintended consequences?

We're seeing a lot more birds in our garden (but maybe thats just because were actually at home to see them).
Less polution :ROFL:)

Charlesjjm

I'm using margarine on my toast, cause the butter was sold out last week. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets.....

Quantum Theory

Executive Member
Fragmented business, but we are still operational with essential services permits. Moral fatigue... over thinking everything. Drinking slightly more beer. Micah the Border Collie has cabin fever.

cn@

Expert Member
I wish it were under less harmful circumstances for other and myself …. but I've been wishing for a reason to just isolate myself for a week or two. But not because of something like this.

I shouldn't be ungrateful because I've still got a family and large group of friends that love me … but I'm the type of person that sometimes just wants to break away for a couple of days (actually weeks). Not longer, then I'm starting to yearn for family and friends again.

I know that as a responsible member of a community and a worker in a larger workforce, I can't just have this desire of mine fulfilled.

But I'm taking this opportunity and glutting myself, because I the next time this might happen to me might be because I'm dead.