How Huawei is taking on Apple and Samsung

Johnfpro

Albeit that the growth is excellent it must be said that they were coming off a relatively low base.

Now if they could replicate or exceed that growth in 2016, that will be amazing.

I O U

I plan on buying a Y560 before the year is out, so their profits will continue to surge ahead :D

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Their "services" in SA leave a lot to be desired.

Staff haven't even heard of accessories for their phones like the touchplus screen (for P8), let alone being able to supply.

genetic

Honorary Master
They need to work on the quality of their displays. It leaves a lot to be desired when put next to a Samsung AMOLED or iPhone's display.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Huawei and Nexus are both included in my consideration when it becomes necessary to leave my Note 4.

jax_maxit

Though I will stick to Samsung when I upgrade my tablet (Sammie Tab 4), I prefer Xiaomi and Lenovo for smartphones. Either will be my next choice. Huaweis remind me of iPhones: super thin and that UI looks a bit too iOS for my liking.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I would like know people's comments on the build of the latest "Wayway" flagship phones relative to the class leader (iPhone).

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
They need to work on the quality of their displays. It leaves a lot to be desired when put next to a Samsung AMOLED or iPhone's display.

Huawei's going to go straight to OLED, I'll bet. It's only a matter of time before they make the displays themselves.

ngwe23

Executive Member

Samsung's and iPhone's display cannot be put in same sentence.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
No they don't. How is that even possible?

There are only a handful of display makers. Samsung being one of the biggest. There are other components made by Samsung that gets used in Iphones. Apple does not make its own components.

ngwe23

Executive Member
There are only a handful of display makers. Samsung being one of the biggest. There are other components made by Samsung that gets used in Iphones. Apple does not make its own components.

I am aware of that, but there is a difference between "Samsung displays" and "Samsung manufactured displays".