How Internet Solutions is handling weeks of downtime on cloud service

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
How Internet Solutions is handling weeks of downtime on cloud service

After more than two weeks of downtime, Internet Solutions has said that it expects the restoration of its Consumer Virtual Machine system to be complete in 48 hours.

Internet Solutions told MyBroadband that it experienced hard disk failures on its Consumer Virtual Machine (CVM) last month, resulting in certain clients having limited or no access to their services.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Over two weeks of down time? Isn't there a 99% SLA on these?
And "Less than a quarter" is an insane number, everyone on this type of product should look for alternatives as fast as possible

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
Are any of their customers still waiting on them?

I stopped using them after they first bought MWEB Business and immediately wiped the whole cloud by mistake. I lost all the databases I had hosted on all VMs and all backups that were hosted in their data center.

MEIOT

Expert Member
IS are a bunch of twats. Complete idiots. In such a massively competitive market, events like this should be the end of a company. Especially with better and more viable options available from bigger players in the space.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Over two weeks of down time? Isn't there a 99% SLA on these?
And "Less than a quarter" is an insane number, everyone on this type of product should look for alternatives as fast as possible

As far as I know there is no SLA on this product

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
As far as I know there is no SLA on this product
Interesting, I would still think over 50% monthly downtime is worth asking refund and a definite warning to everyone to move to any other service provider, there are lots of other good options out there.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Interesting, I would still think over 50% monthly downtime is worth asking refund and a definite warning to everyone to move to any other service provider, there are lots of other good options out there.

Agreed. But I would not run any production stuff on such a product, not fit for purpose

Swa

Honorary Master
"How Internet Solutions is handling weeks of downtime on cloud service"

apps.17621.9007199266246308.c8128195-e072-4d13-8900-06f018e3ecb6.jpg

rwenzori

Honorary Master
Ah, cloud. Why bother stuffing up your data yourself when you can outsource that function to professionals.