How long can a bottle of JC le Roux sparkling wine last in storage?

cn@

Expert Member
As per title.

I again discovered a bottle of booze in a spare room closet. The bottle must be at least 5 - 6 years old.

Do you think it's still fit for human consumption?

EDIT: I really think this will be the last bottle of alcohol that I will discover in my house. The previous bottle I discovered was a bottle of white wine that had been hiding in the back corner of my fridge. I quickly dispatched with that bottle for having the insolence.

Snyper564

Executive Member
As per title.

I again discovered a bottle of booze in a spare room closet. The bottle must be at least 5 - 6 years old.

Do you think it's still fit for human consumption?
should be fine, may as well drink it now. its not going to kill you or anything like that it might just be unpleasant tasting its cheap so you not losing anything much opening it

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yeah 5-6 years is hardly old.

It won’t really go off anyway, so you can just taste it and decide if you want more or not.

cn@

Expert Member
After opening it I decided not to drink it. It has turned into a dark yellowish colour almost like urine. :sick:

Seems like it is older than I thought.

Naks

Executive Member
JC Le Roux is not fit for human consumption. Unless you're from Brakpan.

genetic

Honorary Master
You generally don't want to drink sparkling wine that's older than 3 years or so.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
JC Le Roux is not fit for human consumption. Unless you're from Brakpan.

Don’t be that guy.

It’s the stuff you keep around to put in your orange juice, for a morning after opkikkerkie.

SAguy

Executive Member
We had 5 bottles of JC Le Roux left over from our wedding, we decided to pop one of them every 5 years. Next year will be our 10 year anniversary so will pop the second of the 5.

We don't expect to be able to drink any of them, just hope that the corks last long enough to give us a pop until the last one in another 16 years.

Unlikely, but hey...

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
We had 5 bottles of JC Le Roux left over from our wedding, we decided to pop one of them every 5 years

As they say, you start off drinking to remember and end up drinking to forget :)

In any event, happy anniversary for next year bud.

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
When I was 13 I snuck a bottle of JC Le Roux from my aunt and uncles wedding. Stored it in my cupboard on its side for 16 years. Opened it at my own wedding and it had turned dark yellow. Still had fizz. Was very sweet and was palatable.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The date of production which should be on the bottle is the date its shyte.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I have a 12-year-old sparkling in my cupboard. It is timeless, going to drink it on the day I want to die.
tenor.gif

Napalm2880

Expert Member
After opening it I decided not to drink it. It has turned into a dark yellowish colour almost like urine. :sick:

Seems like it is older than I thought.

Pity, the colour will change but it's really the flavour and aroma that indicate it's gone bad.